Yoshinobu Yamamoto got $325 million 12 years from Dodgers (+posting fee)

Buehrle>Wood

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I did the “free” route for a long time but the quality and reliability of the legit mlb stream spoiled me. Having the option to switch between tv & radio calls, or home & away also makes it well worth it IMO.  Blackouts are dumb  but when the local team sucks ass it’s not so bad. 

Being blocked from Minnesota, KC, StL, both Chicagos and Milwaukee isn't exactly a death sentence for 2024...Flyover Territory has never been more appropriate a phrase/description.

If those cities aren't enough...they will even block Denver in western Iowa.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/mlb/yankees-dodgers-or-mets-predicting-which-team-will-sign-yoshinobu-yamamoto

Seems the Yankees are the favorites simply due to the fact that he doesn’t want to be stuck in Ohtani’s shadow and then there’s history of guys like Irabu and especially Tanaka with the Yankees…makes a lot of sense to pair with Cole and have two aces together at the top of the rotation.

On 12/14/2023 at 3:36 PM, WestEddy said:

I don't want to pay $150.00 for the season, and I don't understand the blackout rules, so I'd be pretty angry to get the package, then find out I can't watch certain games, depending on where I am. I'm too lazy to try to figure out the best way to give MLB my money right now. Especially with a "free" alternative. 

U don't actually have to . There are ways to stream almost any game from any major sport onto your smart TV. Quality is usually HD and the stream is sporadic but I'm thrilled with free. After I figured out how to get it from my computer to my TV without Chromecast or mirroring . 19 inch SD to HD 50" . I've been enjoying ( for lack of a better word) a lot of Bears Bulls and Blackhawk games.

Some would find it annoying that the picture will go into the refreshing mode fairly often and you have to go through a trial and error period on a TV browser and figuring out the best way to access the signal consistently but hey getting all major sports free doesn't come easy. There's no expensive equipment involved just your basic smart TV and your willingness to be patient with the streaming quality and signal strength.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 11:20 PM, greg775 said:

Thanks LipMan. I remember now Blomberg was horsebleep with the Sox. I don't think Gamble did much in San Diego as I recall. I remember there were high hopes for Blomberg but he stunk. Those Veeck teams were interesting. Remember how bad a shortstop Bannister was? He'd throw the ball into the stands sometimes. But he could hit the ball, line drive smashes in the magical South Side Hit Men season. One time in that four-game series against the Royals in which the Sox won the first three but let Hal McRae intimidate them in Game Four (tipping his cap as he ran snail's pace around the bases) and ruin their season, the Sox I believe were down 4-0 in the first. By the bottom of the first they led 5-4 or 6-4.  Hail to Bill Veeck for doing the best he could.

Veeck wasn't perfect but for sure he understood that he was in the entertainment business.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Whisox05 said:

Attention AL East...Toronto and Baltimore are going to have to respond, somehow.

Would also be a shock to the Yankees and Mets as well.

Basically every team in the AL East arguably better on paper than all Central teams with the possible exception of Minnesota behind a Royce Lewis MVP-caliber season.

10 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I was going to say, over/under when he has TJ surgery: June 1, 2026.

He threw 138 pitches in his last game in the NPB. Granted it was game 6 of a championship series. I'm not sure if he was often used like that, but there's a lot of mileage on his arm.

I don't think he'll be average. Senga was a worse pitcher and he was very good last year. Provided Yamamoto can stay healthy, he should be really good.

Edited by chw42

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I wonder if craze will pickup more after Yamamoto but before Snell. I can’t imagine many teams wanting to pay snell 200 mil

With the history of arm injuries to the pitchers that come over from Japan, and the fact that no one has seen him against big leaguers, I can’t imagine how teams are selling themselves $300 million on this guy. I’d rather pay the guy who has been iffy on health but has 2 Cy Young awards a much lower sum.

6 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

This. Get it done quickly so the market can get going. 

Hoping Boston's offer wins out to put pressure on the O's. Baltimore needs to be a motivated buyer already.

Edit - or NYY. Preferably an AL East team.

Edited by Tnetennba
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Cohen is crazy enough to trump all other offers to seal the deal. So much for putting pressure on Baltimore. 

BAL doesn't really have the ability to match the NYY move for move anyway. I wouldn't necessarily hate a NYM signing, it makes LAD more desperate because their staff is still garbage and is banking on the health of a porcelain doll. It also makes a number of other teams including NYY and BOS more desperate too. 

I really want BOS to be in on Cease. If we could pry two LHS from them it would be great.

• Balta1701 changed the title to Yoshinobu Yamamoto got $325 million 12 years from Dodgers (+posting fee)