The 2024 Blizzard

Kyyle23

Well, we are at the beginning of what appears to be a large snow dump today, my area(mchenry county) is looking at 8-15 inches of snow followed by sub zero for a week, so that’s fun

hope everyone stays safe, happy shoveling/snowblowing/paying someone else to do it

• Haha 1

Wuhan, Hubei, China     High pollution/smog/haze numbers today though.

68°Hi
RealFeel® 70°
RealFeel Shade™ 66°
Partly sunny and pleasantly warm; air quality will be very unhealthy

Max UV Index3 Moderate

WindENE 4 mph

Wind Gusts8 mph

Probability of Precipitation25%

Probability of Thunderstorms0%

Precipitation0.00 in

• Love 1

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Wuhan, Hubei, China     High pollution/smog/haze numbers today though.

68°Hi
RealFeel® 70°
RealFeel Shade™ 66°
Partly sunny and pleasantly warm; air quality will be very unhealthy

Max UV Index3 Moderate

WindENE 4 mph

Wind Gusts8 mph

Probability of Precipitation25%

Probability of Thunderstorms0%

Precipitation0.00 in

Thank you Caulfield, for posting the weather report for Wuhan in a blizzard thread. We all found it helpful and most importantly, topical to what Kyle had posted. 

Keep up the great work. 

• Haha 3
  • Paper Bag 1

41 minutes ago, Tony said:

Thank you Caulfield, for posting the weather report for Wuhan in a blizzard thread. We all found it helpful and most importantly, topical to what Kyle had posted. 

Keep up the great work. 

Just let us know if they plan on releasing another plague.

• Haha 3

I live on the Near North Side. 6 AM this morning, nothing on the ground. Then is started. By 6:15 everything was white. Cars were going so slow. Then lightening and thunder. Snowed hard for about an hour and a half, then slowed down. Turned to light rain. Raining now, maybe an inch or so left on the ground. But non flowing rivers on the sides of each street. It's going to be slippery when everything freezes. Strange day.

Years ago ss2k5 banned me from posting my current conditions on winter weather threads. 

It will be very cold here next week. Hard freeze for several hours.  Preparation is much different. I have lots of landscaping that needs covering, faucets protected from freeze, containers flipped over, etc. 

Hopefully the roads are dry and clear for y'all before you have to go back to work. 

6 hours ago, bigruss said:

Milwaukee got dumped on, and it continues to fall.  Flying to Florida tomorrow, or so I hope.  Booked flight for 630am already cancelled so hoping my 535pm replacement holds.

My buddy is going on a cruise today and had to be in Florida by 2pm or lose the cruise.  Thursday night his wife started panicking they were going to have their flights cancelled so he just said f*** it and they rented a car and drove to Indy that night instead of taking their morning flight and then drove the rest of the way south yesterday and that was probably the smartest thing he could have done 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Well my wife and I decided to take our RV out since we had reservations at a state park. We've had it in freezing temps before without problem. Of course this time a water line possible froze. There is a slim chance we are just out of water. 

Yesterday we met a couple that was getting south as far as they could. They are full-time RVers and chase 70° all year. 

On 1/15/2024 at 6:49 PM, The Grinder said:

I thought about retiring in Texas.....but I'll prob just run out of gas here in Illinois :(

Hell, even we got some snow during this thing and im in Houston.

Luckily, were back to the 65-70's this week

I saw some photos. Looked cold AF but not much snow came down? Looked like Michigan and then the areas to the east of the Great Lakes got much more.

Can't really complain about the weather here. We got down to record lows for a few days a couple weeks ago but now it's back up to high 40s, low 50s.  Typical gray mist but you can tell winter is getting over as the sun is now setting at 5 instead of 4. Few more weeks and we'll be talking about pitchers and catchers.