2/23/24 Game Thread White Sox at Chicago N. L. 2:05PM CST; TV: NBCSCH, Radio: ESPN1000

5 hours ago, Timmy U said:

The daily double of Pillar and DeJong is the stuff of legends.

Sounds like a couple of greyhounds I'd bet on at the track in the Quad Cities....and yes I came home with no $$.

1 minute ago, nrockway said:

another potentially nice play by Ramos but probably should've held onto it. I guess you don't really expect a guy to score from second on a groundball to third, wild baserunning. 

In spring might as well try and make the play imo.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nrockway said:

another potentially nice play by Ramos but probably should've held onto it. I guess you don't really expect a guy to score from second on a groundball to third, wild baserunning. 

Foot gave out, causing the weak throw.  Gil Luna is quite bad

No one has mentioned other than a new neighborhood, how this investment winds up a smart financial undertaking. You lose out on a lot of taxes as they go to pay down JR's park and hotel and other things, and when does that actually become a money maker? The current park cost 1/10th of what this one will and they still owe $50 million. So if they do the exact same thing, the Sox will need to move from the 78 to be able to compete with the Royals before these debts are close to paid off. It's a nice location, probably the best available in the city. It looks like it could be a nice park. But JR either wants or needs too much for it to happen.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

No one has mentioned other than a new neighborhood, how this investment winds up a smart financial undertaking. You lose out on a lot of taxes as they go to pay down JR's park and hotel and other things, and when does that actually become a money maker? The current park cost 1/10th of what this one will and they still owe $50 million. So if they do the exact same thing, the Sox will need to move from the 78 to be able to compete with the Royals before these debts are close to paid off. It's a nice location, probably the best available in the city. It looks like it could be a nice park. But JR either wants or needs too much for it to happen.

There's a thread for these discussions, Dick. Why are you derailing discussions of this excellent preseason ballgame? :cool:

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

"That's rough buddy" is the slogan for the 2024 White Sox

That is my current personal favorite post of the year. Well done.

Edited by wegner
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

How does a GM so skillfully build a roster with such absolute suck?  Getz should write a book.

Only if it’s a sequel to how someone can be so bad at his job and get promoted to GM.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Well an embarrassing start to what may very well be another embarrassing season. But hey, let's all give JR another billion! What say you? 😄

Why are you talking like this game is already over??

13 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

How does a GM so skillfully build a roster with such absolute suck?  Getz should write a book.

I was told that we would be treated to a better brand of baseball and only lose games 2-0 instead of 6-0.

Well, color me surprised!

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1