3/4 D-backs @ Sox

36 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Minor pet peeve that always gets to me: when someone takes a photo of a two-dimensional subject (usually a TV screen but in this case the lineup card) at an angle instead of head-on. 

I also don't know why they don't take and post a 2nd picture of the performance schedule and tell us about it. There's an extra article right there. 

• Like 1

I mean, there are plenty of things to b**** about regarding the Sox, but does any team set up a webcast to every single spring game? Clearly not, or every Sox spring game would be televised and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Just like every team has dudes that get hurt.  

• Like 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I mean, there are plenty of things to b**** about regarding the Sox, but does any team set up a webcast to every single spring game? Clearly not, or every Sox spring game would be televised and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Well in the spring of 2005 they actually did televise every game as I recall or at the very least the vast majority of them. I don't remember the reason why they decided to do this for that year and apparently only that year. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I dunno but would it kill the Sox to innovate a bit and produce a fan friendly product?

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I dunno but would it kill the Sox to innovate a bit and produce a fan friendly product?

I get what you're saying and I too wish every game was televised, but what you're asking for is something no other team does. So this isn't just another "white sox gonna white sox". 

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Well in the spring of 2005 they actually did televise every game as I recall or at the very least the vast majority of them. I don't remember the reason why they decided to do this for that year and apparently only that year. 

Helpful anecdote 19 years later. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Without counting up every single team's spring broadcasts, it seems like other teams are broadcasting more games on tv, radio, and web. Not the end of the world or worth all of the hand wringing IMO, but it does feel like the Sox are doing the absolute bare minimum this spring compared to years past.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Without counting up every single team's spring broadcasts, it seems like other teams are broadcasting more games on tv, radio, and web. Not the end of the world or worth all of the hand wringing IMO, but it does feel like the Sox are doing the absolute bare minimum this spring compared to years past.

A JR team? Bare minimum? No way!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It is probably got more to do with the teams ratings to be honest.  There are always more broadcasts in years where there is more excitement about the team.

53 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I get what you're saying and I too wish every game was televised, but what you're asking for is something no other team does. So this isn't just another "white sox gonna white sox". 

That's fair. But if I can watch every single one of my 10 year old nephew's games on a live webcast, you'd think a Major League franchise should do the same.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

That's fair. But if I can watch every single one of my 10 year old nephew's games on a live webcast, you'd think a Major League franchise should do the same.

They are. 

20 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is probably got more to do with the teams ratings to be honest.  There are always more broadcasts in years where there is more excitement about the team.

At least you can catch the repeat of Murray State vs. Indiana State on NBCSC right now. It's really an awful station. Very little programming except for games.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

At least you can catch the repeat of Murray State vs. Indiana State on NBCSC right now. It's really an awful station. Very little programming except for games.

And when the Sox start regular season games, they will all be televised and replayed as well.