Poll: Predict Final Win Total for the 2024 Chicago White

Predict Your 2024 Chicago White Sox Win Total  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Select The Number of wins for the 2024 Chicago White Sox

• 100 + Wins: Most wins in White Sox History (1917 100-54)
    • 94-99 Wins: Top 10 White Sox All Time Wins
    • 86-93 Wins: Excellent White Sox Season (10-24 Games over ,500)
    • 82-85 Wins: Top 50 White Sox All Time Win Season
    • 76-81 Wins; 15-20 Game Improvement over 2023
    • 71-75 Wins: 10-14 Game Improvement over 2023
    • 62-70 Wins: 1-9 Game Improvement over 2023
    • 56-61 Wins: Worst White Sox Season Under Jerry Reinsdorf (2023 61-101)
    • 44-55 Wins: Worst White Sox 162 MLB Game Season (1970 56-106)
    • 43 or Fewer Wins: Worst Non Expansion Team Record in MLB History (2003 Detroit Tigers 43-119)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/28/2024 at 08:09 PM

I guessed 62-70.  I actually think this team will be decent and hang between 5-8 games below .500 for the early part of the season, until the inevitable sell off of anything they can in July, which drops them from ~75 win pace to mid-to-high 60s. 

56-106.

A perfect season for the Sox has them trading all vets of value by the trade deadline including Luis Robert. It’s going to be ugly year round for this team. The only thing that matters is identifying the next core guys and getting them experience 

• Like 1

I had to vote 62 - 70 from the categories given.  But I think it will be somewhere between 69 -73.  As I wrote in another thread, this is how I see this season going down:

The White Sox surprise by hovering a couple of games under .500 for the first half of the season, led primarily by a monster first half by Yoan Moncada and a surprisingly healthy Eloy Jimenez.  As the summer grinds on, poor managing by Pedro Grifol, faltering pitching, Eloy's inevitable injury, and selling off of Moncada and other flippable veterans cause the Sox to fall off and wind up with a total of between 69 and 73 victories which is still much better than most expected.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

IMO, wholesale changes to the rotation and bullpen from last season make it extremely difficult to predict which way the 2024 season will go.  In 2023, they were, trrible. (Barkley).

Of course, it doesn't look good now, but sometimes low expectations can lead to a fighting underdog that over-performs and creates fan excitement around them. Sometimes even the harshest critics lose short term memory and are among the first to jump aboard a new bandwagon.

Edited by tray

https://theathletic.com/5369324/2024/03/28/mlb-opening-day-bold-predictions-2024/?campaign=5888993&source=dailyemail&userId=6062851

This year’s bold prediction: The White Sox finish ahead of expectations and win a resounding 65 games. Manager Pedro Grifol gets a contract extension after the team finishes three consecutive games without an error. GM Chris Getz signs Zack Grienke in May to bolster the team’s ex-Royals vibe, but passes on bringing back Andy Sisco and Mike MacDougal. — Jon Greenberg

Boldness level: 🔥🔥

Last year’s bold prediction: The White Sox should win their division.

Outcome: It took 87 victories to win the AL Central — and the Pale Hose missed by just 26 games. 

Grade:

https://theathletic.com/5354007/2024/03/28/mlb-season-preview-2024/?campaign=5888993&source=dailyemail&userId=6062851

Chicago White Sox

team-logo-98-300x300.png
Expected wins
Analysis

The White Sox bottomed out last summer with a firesale, a few front-office firings and 101 losses — their most since 1970. GM Chris Getz is now tasked with leading a rebuild that began at last year’s trade deadline, a month before he was hired.

He traded ace Dylan Cease to San Diego this month for three prospects and reliever Steven Wilson. Chicago's cupboard of prospects has been replenished, but few coveted players remain at the major league level. Getz has so far held on to Luis Robert Jr., who is under club control through 2027.

The White Sox are not playing for 2024 but will, in fact, be asked to play in 2024. The Central is forever winnable, but with the Twins on top, the Guardians standing pat and the Tigers and Royals adding aggressively this offseason, Chicago is only falling farther behind.— Stephen J. Nesbitt

Austin Mock's odds
🎟️ Make postseason
0.3%
🏅 Win division
0.2%
🚩 Win pennant
0.0%
🏆 Win World Series
0.0%
Jim Bowden's report card
Lineup
C
Rotation
D
Bullpen
D+
Defense
C-
Depth
D
Overall
D+

23 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You may think he sucks but he’s spot on here.  65 wins sounds about right and he definitely has his pulse on the White Sox and Getz with the ex-Royals acquisitions joke.

Oh yes. Such biting commentary by telling the same joke every single person has said. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Oh yes. Such biting commentary by telling the same joke every single person has said. 

Not everyone in the mainstream media knows or even cares that Getz is obsessed with former Royals or that they would be the team that would give a terrible manager a contract extension based on some ridiculously minor improvement.

On 3/26/2024 at 11:33 PM, tray said:

Sometimes even the harshest critics lose short term memory and are among the first to jump aboard a new bandwagon.

I would like to say if 'somehow, some way' the Sox are good I will be happy, not hope they reek just because I feel it's a horrible roster makeup and horrible front office and manager. I think I deserve some fair weather-ism after being a Sox fan all my life. Until this year I've never gone completely, utterly negative. Even during the tank years I'd get in trouble on the board for wanting us to win 'meaningless' games in August and Sept. So yes I'd jump aboard the bandwagon if we somehow win. That said ... 49 wins to 51 wins. I'll go 49.

On 3/26/2024 at 5:46 PM, Boopa1219 said:

56-106.

A perfect season for the Sox has them trading all vets of value by the trade deadline including Luis Robert.

And by trading all vets that guarantees 50-60 wins the following season and again the following season. By then the only fans heading to GRate Field will be the once-a-year folks. Did the Sox sell out the opener today?