And that's a 3-2 Garrett Crochet led White Sox winner!

I've watched 1.6 games so far. We may not score 550 runs. We will catch the ball. which is nice. I'm not so sure our pitching will suck.

I really don't hate most of the team too. we still could lose 100 again, but it won't be as brutal to watch.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, zisk said:

I've watched 1.6 games so far. We may not score 550 runs. We will catch the ball. which is nice. I'm not so sure our pitching will suck.

I really don't hate most of the team too. we still could lose 100 again, but it won't be as brutal to watch.

I've watched like 90% of the innings live. It's been brutal. We get a hit like every 6th batter. It has been quickly brutal, which is nice. At least JR will suffer on concessions while we can get on with our day.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Two things can be true at the same time. 

1. This is a very bad team and a win every 4th day won’t change that

2. They played a good ballgame tonight and deserved that W, so good on them against a great Braves team. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

He's trying too hard and bending over backwards to kiss Stone's ass. 

Eventually he'll be fine hopefully with more experience. 

My thoughts too

2 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Crochet, Moncada, DeJong!

Kopech battling thru adversity was good for him too.

That post pretty much says it all. Those are the guys responsible for the win. And the bloop by the easy-to-like, but not very good Vaughn.

39 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That post pretty much says it all. Those are the guys responsible for the win. And the bloop by the easy-to-like, but not very good Vaughn.

Dude, we're 4 games into the season. Robert's a star, and Crochet's looking like a stud. Yoan could be a player. The death march on the 0-23 opening is over. Let's see who steps up and looks like trade bait, and who looks like long termers. Shewmake could be this team's Lillibridge. 

Props to Crochet. Has to be gratifying to know you can do this at this level and start off so strong.

On the flip side…very frustrating. It’s not really a sliding doors moment, just another thing of like - how many other decisions based on expedience added up to this prolonged suckfest.

offensively…we gotta get on base more. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

Crochet was dealing, flat out nasty.  Good luck trying to hit against him. 

He seems to be throwing easy, too. I think he could still be pumping them in there at 100-102 if he wanted. Mechanics seem reined in as well

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

Crochet was dealing, flat out nasty.  Good luck trying to hit against him. 

The way his slider breaks toward righties and away from lefties reminds me a lot of Sale back in the day.

• Like 2