4/22: Sox @ Twins - 640CT - Cannon v. Paddack

2 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I actually feel bad for the fans of other teams who have to watch the Sox when they play us. It’s embarrassing.

Almost guaranteed victories and lots of runs scored?

A bit like the Globetrotters and Washington Generals back in the day, although WASH definitely had a lot more talent comparatively.

• Like 2

Just now, fathom said:

They all suck….outside of Wilson and Sheets, is there a single player on this roster who isn’t massively underachieving?

Splitting hairs here but I think many of that guys are achieving exactly what should have been expected. They weren't going to achieve much more. Just look behind the plate. He sucks while achieving what most of us expected. 

But underachieving to MLB standards. 

Just now, tjp1684 said:

Can it be “all of the above?”  A manager who shouldn’t be leading this team.  A front office that put together a poor, cheap, underperforming roster.  Players who realize this is a bad team with some just cashing paychecks.  An ultimately an owner who needs to sell the team.

Jerry isn’t selling.  That was reported again today.

• Paper Bag 1

Just now, Texsox said:

Splitting hairs here but I think many of that guys are achieving exactly what should have been expected. They weren't going to achieve much more. Just look behind the plate. He sucks while achieving what most of us expected. 

Nah, this is below even the lowest expectations.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tjp1684 said:

Can it be “all of the above?”  A manager who shouldn’t be leading this team.  A front office that put together a poor, cheap, underperforming roster.  Players who realize this is a bad team with some just cashing paychecks.  An ultimately an owner who needs to sell the team.

Yes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

They all suck….outside of Wilson and Sheets, is there a single player on this roster who isn’t massively underachieving?

Dejong. He’s hitting .256 with 3 HRs and 4 2Bs.  Sadly, people aren’t getting on when he’s notching XBHs.  He isn’t lighting the world on fire, but he was a .226 hitter last year with 14 HR.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

What has Pedro done that makes you think he’s a goo MLB manager?

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Nah, this is below even the lowest expectations.

A but sure but when you put together a roster of nothing but terrible players except for one guy, and the one good player gets hurt, it isn’t totally surprising to see something like this.  Pitchers just never are under pressure against this lineup.  There is no power and they don’t work counts.  

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

What has Pedro done that makes you think he’s a goo MLB manager?

I don't think he's a good AAA manager. I believe that anyone on a MLB roster should know what base to throw to without daily prep. Don't you?

Oh well. Good night y'all. 

I'm going to focus on my team. I have two players in the state finals and all this losing is bad karma. 

4 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

A but sure but when you put together a roster of nothing but terrible players except for one guy, and the one good player gets hurt, it isn’t totally surprising to see something like this.  Pitchers just never are under pressure against this lineup.  There is no power and they don’t work counts.  

Of course, I was posting a lot that Getz was neglecting the offense.  I don’t think any of us expected Vaughn to be this bad.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Of course, I was posting a lot that Getz was neglecting the offense.  I don’t think any of us expected Vaughn to be this bad.

The hilarious part is that he didn’t even put together a great defensive team.  Just gave a bunch of has been and never was players their final MLB paychecks.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I don't think he's a good AAA manager. I believe that anyone on a MLB roster should know what base to throw to without daily prep. Don't you?

Yes I do, but if they do it multiple times, why isn’t a message getting across? Accountability.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Almost guaranteed victories and lots of runs scored?

A bit like the Globetrotters and Washington Generals back in the day, although WASH definitely had a lot more talent comparatively.

If you don’t sweep this team and only win 2 of 3 that has to feel like a loss

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tjp1684 said:

Dejong. He’s hitting .256 with 3 HRs and 4 2Bs.  Sadly, people aren’t getting on when he’s notching XBHs.  He isn’t lighting the world on fire, but he was a .226 hitter last year with 14 HR.  

He’s probably over 40% on his K rate after tonight, he’s not good. 

9 minutes ago, Texsox said:

They know what base to throw to but they lack focus and are making mental errors. That’s obviously on the players themselves,  but it’s also the responsibility of the manager and coaching staff.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Grifol's time is short.  8th shutout in 22 games

2003 Tigers vs 2024 White Sox

3-19  vs 3-19

43-112 (-69 RD) vs 45-123 (-78 RD)

6 Shut Outs vs 8 Shut Outs

You can’t allow this to go on, even if the roster is ass. Something needs to be done to try and shake this up. It was funny for a while but now it’s really starting to look like this team won’t win 40 games. JR is a bad owner, but I don’t think even he can allow this to continue for too much longer. 

• Thanks 1