AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX RAIN DELAYED WINNER!

• southsider2k5 changed the title to AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX RAIN DELAYED WINNER!
1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Kopech gets the win ,Banks the save. It's a miracle they got out of the bottom of the 10th without giving up any runs .

A very rare Manfred man victory 

Posted (edited)

MLB and the umps getting lit up on social media for not just playing it out. Glad they're getting called out for that s%*#. Jomboy had a nice post about it, on top of the CBs calls. But more importantly the Sox will take wins when they can get them so I guess the delay was worth it. Take the series tomorrow.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Are the umps like way worse this year?  I don’t remember it ever being this bad, but haven’t looked up the actual data.

Yes. I've watched almost every inning this year and have noticed it too. I also could be hallucinating from watching almost every inning this year.

Edited by DoUEvenShift
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Yes. I've watched almost every inning this year and have noticed it too. I also could be hallucinating for watching almost every inning this year.

It sounds like your in some sort of version of hell you'd find on The Twilight Zone

Submitted for your approval....a man who just can't turn off the White Sox, no matter how hard he tries.

• Haha 2

Cardinals are not a very good team. The Pham-led Sox should go 1-2 on the road vs. St. Looie not 0-3. We shall see if Sox can make it 2-1 vs. Louie.

They'll take the win. Seven wins is better than six.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

MLB and the umps getting lit up on social media for not just playing it out. Glad they're getting called out for that s%*#. Jomboy had a nice post about it, on top of the CBs calls. But more importantly the Sox will take wins when they can get them so I guess the delay was worth it. Take the series tomorrow.

f*** that yankees fan. Dude has gotten too big for his britches lately. He thinks he's more relevant than he is. Dude, you're popular because you made funny lip reading videos. Nobody thinks you're a real baseball authority.

Also, just imagine how much MLB would be getting killed if the ball slipped out of a hand and affected the game or a guy got seriously hurt? It's not an easy call. I'm going to lean on better safe than sorry every time. 

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Were there more people in the stadium when the game ended or Sox fans watching the game?

Don't usually participate in these types of things as I haven't lived within 100 miles of Chicago in about 15 years but Caleb Williams was in town and the Cubs had a massive crowd. It's going to be a hard contrast to see everyday for our Chicagoland based fans and I pity them, honestly. I used to get that s%*# when MSU was on top of UM for awhile it was brutal, a constant reminder of your rival's superiority. 

Korey Lee is sitting on a wRC+ of 122, which would be good enough for 7th among all 2024 catchers if he had a few more PA and was eligible. We might have stumbled into an above average major leaguer at a hard position to find them. Let's play him more.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Don't usually participate in these types of things as I haven't lived within 100 miles of Chicago in about 15 years but Caleb Williams was in town and the Cubs had a massive crowd. It's going to be a hard contrast to see everyday for our Chicagoland based fans and I pity them, honestly. I used to get that s%*# when MSU was on top of UM for awhile it was brutal, a constant reminder of your rival's superiority. 

I actually am blissfully unaware of the Cubbies. I don't listen to the drool fest that is Chicago sports radio. I think they are having a good year but honestly I don't give a s%*#.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Korey Lee is sitting on a wRC+ of 122, which would be good enough for 7th among all 2024 catchers if he had a few more PA and was eligible. We might have stumbled into an above average major leaguer at a hard position to find them. Let's play him more.

Yep and just release Maldonado please....he is even worse than he was advertised here at Soxtalk.

• Like 3