Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

And that's a well played Playoffs WHITE SOX WINNER

Featured Replies

Raise your hand if you were nervous seeing Taylor for inning 3

  • Replies 72
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Also love this

  • Raise your hand if you were nervous seeing Taylor for inning 3

  • Colome's Hat
    Colome's Hat

    Veneble was absolutely justified to do what he did. Game one win puts the pressure on brown to throw a masterpiece as they have no bullpen. This was worst case scenario for them IMO

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I drank for the first time in almost 15 years 😆

You sure that was a good idea?

Can someone explain to me why Taylor doesn't get a save?

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

A wonderfully stressful yet satisfying game. Love how they played like they felt like they belonged, nobody looked like they were afraid of the moment

Some in the game thread were, though!

2 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

Can someone explain to me why Taylor doesn't get a save?

They were up 4 when he came in and he didn't go 3 innings.

I’m a 62-year old man. I have two grown sons and another in HS. I’m incredibly happily married. I enjoy my job and who I work with yet this win brought tears to my eyes. I’m a softie and a sucker for my teams especially when they’re so much fun!

Edit…only one of the sons is a Sox fan. I claim the other two anyway.

Edited by JTB

I feel like Sox have been living on hard mode all year with pitching that these dudes don’t bat an eye.

And it continues to be bewildering how good our offense is.

I actually think the Sox bullpen being used like this all year benefits us (assuming they're not all fatigued to hell). You saw Mattingly trying to use Duran for 2 innings and it totally backfired on him. Because he was a 1 inning pitcher all year. Our guys being used to these situations is a big advantage. We've basically been using our relievers like it's the playoffs all year, so this is nothing new to them.

I feel like I'm going to wake up in rehab to learn this was just a hallucination.

  • Author
11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

A wonderfully stressful yet satisfying game. Love how they played like they felt like they belonged, nobody looked like they were afraid of the moment

defense was really good all game, everybody made the plays and then some.

Cleanest game we’ve seen in a while from the Sox. Keep it up

Edited by Bob Sacamano

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m a 62-year old man. I have two grown sons and another in HS. I’m incredibly happily married. I enjoy my job and who I work with yet this win brought tears to my eyes. I’m a softie and a sucker for my teams especially when they’re so much fun!

Edit…only one of the sons is a Sox fan. I claim the other two anyway.

My daughter, son in law, and grandkids live in Houston. I claim them too.

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Cleanest game we’ve seen in a while from the Sox. Keep it up

I loved our approach on offense. It's gonna be tough against Brown, but if they are patient like they were today, good things will happen.

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I actually think the Sox bullpen being used like this all year benefits us (assuming they're not all fatigued to hell). You saw Mattingly trying to use Duran for 2 innings and it totally backfired on him. Because he was a 1 inning pitcher all year. Our guys being used to these situations is a big advantage. We've basically been using our relievers like it's the playoffs all year, so this is nothing new to them.

Sox set a record with most 1.1+ BP appearances on the season.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

8 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I actually think the Sox bullpen being used like this all year benefits us (assuming they're not all fatigued to hell). You saw Mattingly trying to use Duran for 2 innings and it totally backfired on him. Because he was a 1 inning pitcher all year. Our guys being used to these situations is a big advantage. We've basically been using our relievers like it's the playoffs all year, so this is nothing new to them.

This is like the Dan Campbell “we will go for it on fourth all the time so the guys aren’t nervous” school (in a good way)

20 minutes ago, ron883 said:

You sure that was a good idea?

They won…. So all is well in the world.

Colson Montgomery 2nd youngest player to Homer in White Sox playoff history.

Who is the 1st ?

Luis Robert Jr. 487 footer against the A's in 2020.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

Raise your hand if you were nervous seeing Taylor for inning 3

I was glad he was back out there even if a little surprised . I just didnt want to see Brazoban, Hudson or Schultz.

41 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

my stomach hurts, I have a headache but we won!!

I am not sure I am cut out for this health wise lol

Ditto. Was sitting there while Grant was pitching and I was like holy s%*#, I’m shaking and feel really anxious. That’s probably not a good thing considering it’s only WC game 1 in what is hopefully a long playoff run.

Blum nailed it…we looked like the more poised and experienced team.

I’m going to wake up in the morning a happy man

Walking on air. So many things went right tonight, and this team looked like a different playoff team than we’ve ever seen (outside of 05). Usually the Sox get overmatched early and often, this time they stepped on the jugular and never took their foot off of it.

One of the most satisfying things was Colson being hit by a pitch and then teeing off in the next AB. Here’s to a clean slate after game 162!

12 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I feel like I'm going to wake up in rehab to learn this was just a hallucination.

Hopefully the hallucination keeps going through the World Series!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.