Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 156
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Kyyle23
    Kyyle23

    Unfuckingbelievable. These kids do not know any better and I love watching it

  • Whisox05
    Whisox05

  • PaleAleSox
    PaleAleSox

    I was a junior in college and my long term GF broke up with me a week after the World Series was over. Hope my wife doesn’t leave me now!

Rick Hahn assembled a group of pretty good players. Chris Getz built a team ......HELL YESS!! Get ready Cleveland here come the 2026 White Sox!

ONE HUNDRED!!!!!!

Winning record - check
Made playoffs, 3 of the last 7 years - check
Won a playoff series - check

Now let's make another ALCS. That would be their 4th ever.

9 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Will Stone be calling anymore games this off-season, or is he done?

I’m not gonna lie, him and Blum as opposing team color analysts in the same booth was pretty cool. And we had the benefit of Blum being a 05 hero

21 minutes ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:

Lmao.....crown the wizard!

This team is having so much fun...awesome.

I am so proud of them

What a personality he is lol

Late to the party but let’s gooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

I was a junior in college and my long term GF broke up with me a week after the World Series was over. Hope my wife doesn’t leave me now!

I was 42. My wife was out of town, we already had 2 cats (Mewless Lemeiux and Squeeky Fromme), but I took in a street cat. They all retreated to their own corners and were hissing at each other. Konerko hit the grand slam, I jumped up and yelled, and I didn't see a cat for a couple of days.

We named the new guy Mr. October.

1 hour ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:

I was 14. Im now a father of 4.

It's been a long journeyI was 14. Im now a father of 4.

Pullout game nonexistent.

It was a long time coming to get a playoff series win.

It sure helps to have friends in high places (aka the Pope)!

Meidroth 4-7, 4 RBI's in the two game series.

Now two days of rest which has to help the pitching staff.

On to Cleveland, a team they know they can beat (but it certainly won't be easy...)

Fire Getz still??

Edited by Chick Mercedes

This series is the first time I really thought Teel has a shot to be a star. For a catcher, he moves extremely well and it shows in his receiving too. Our pitchers had confidence to throw it in the dirt and Houston's paid a price. 5/5 on challenges too, just dominated in all facets.

Also, kudos to the training staff and decision making there, they have him peaking after the unfortunate injuries. paging @ptatc

The Sox pitching staff has been running on fumes. Now they get a chance to be fully rested going into the Cleveland series which also includes a couple of days off. I feel good about the Sox chances this series.

another mune interview:

mune in heavily accented but understandable English: chases mide-rosses, he's a sow a good, [calls him small in japanese] but sooow good"

don't have x on this computer but lol what a fucking guy.

Yesss and HELL YES!! So pumped for Saturday. I just cleared my whole schedule for every day they play next week.

14 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

This series is the first time I really thought Teel has a shot to be a star. For a catcher, he moves extremely well and it shows in his receiving too. Our pitchers had confidence to throw it in the dirt and Houston's paid a price. 5/5 on challenges too, just dominated in all facets.

Also, kudos to the training staff and decision making there, they have him peaking after the unfortunate injuries. paging @ptatc

Seemed like Teel saw the ABS zone like Neo in the Matrix this series. He was spot on on every challenge.

49 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Last two postseason series wins have happened in that shitty stadium. Feels great!

And they won in ours, 2021. Fitting in that Houston will probably pass Chicago in population in the next 20 or so years. The rivalry builds.

Just now, chw42 said:

Seemed like Teel saw the ABS zone like Neo in the Matrix this series. He was spot on on every challenge.

Probably one of the more impressive performances on ABS all year, and in the highest leverage games. I will just say make it 4 per game and call it good. Let the awful umps get demoted. But keep a little human element. It rewards skill on both ump and catcher.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

5 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

The Sox saying the fans are giving them energy almost feels like a slight on the Astros given their comments yesterday.

57 minutes ago, Whisox05 said:

Lookin pretty spry, can probably go another 10 or 20 years.

1 minute ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Lookin pretty spry, can probably go another 10 or 20 years.

It is honestly insane. Dude could pass for not a day over 75.

1 hour ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Special shoutout to Kay getting Yordan and Altuve to strand the bases loaded in the 5th

The game really could have gone off the rails in that inning if he didn't shut it down, and it set up Chase's big momentum swing in the next frame too

That top 6 also showed some incredible managing by Will with the runners

Totally different but it couldn’t help but remind me of El Duque against the Red Sox in ‘05.

We all think of him as a hero now, but he wasn’t very good heading into that post season. If we rewind the tape to that game thread (yes, SoxTalk was around back then), fans were not happy about Ozzie calling him into the game. When I saw it was Kay coming into the game, I immediately texted my brother and dad wonder what in the f*** Will was thinking.

While not as dramatic as El Duque’s ‘05 appearance against the BoSox, Kay came in as a similar underdog and handled business. Great call by Will….a lot of managerial feel went into that decision.

2005 my kids were living at home and Sox fans. Then they went off to college and somehow became Astros fans.

Lucky for them I didn't have to call my attorney for a rewrite of my will tomorrow.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 2

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.