Films

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 01:29 AM)
I'm about to watch anchorman for the first time. :huh: :o And someone last night told me elf made him want to kill himself because it was so bad.

Anchorman=my favorite movie ever.

Elf=solid, definitely not suicide worthy.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the Aristocrats, decent way to kill time, but overall pretty meh. Not for the easily offended, I laughed, but it wasn't really a traditional documentary or really anything, and I think that hurt the film.

And Bob Saget is one sick fish.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
Watched the Aristocrats, decent way to kill time, but overall pretty meh. Not for the easily offended, I laughed, but it wasn't really a traditional documentary or really anything, and I think that hurt the film.

And Bob Saget is one sick fish.

Aristocrats = terrible

I've only ever walked out of one movie in my entire life, and it was that.

I love dirty humor and nothing offends me. I didn't leave for any reason like that. I left because the movie was garbage. I laughed a few times in the first 10 minutes, then I couldn't stand the movie.

Hate Nascar and thought Talladega Nights looked pretty lame/bad from the commercials, but tagged along with some friends, I must say, it was pretty damn funny, a lot better than I expected. The story isn't that great, but good for laughs, and the Nascar aspect doesn't really bother you.

Favorite part, a Borat movie trailer in the previews :D

QUOTE(farmteam @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
Anyone ever see Everything is Illuminated? The preview looked kinda good.

I also saw Porky's for the first time this week, and it was hilarious. The scene in the principal's office (right after the shower scene) is classic.

Is that the movie with Elijah Wood as a guy who is searching for pieces of his family's history pre-holocaust?

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)
Diane Kruger is hot in National Treasure and pretty much any movie she does.

I hear they're making a 2nd of those. The first was really good. It was a billion times better than the DaVinci Code, though people said the premise is the same.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
I hear they're making a 2nd of those. The first was really good. It was a billion times better than the DaVinci Code, though people said the premise is the same.

If you don't take it seriously, it's a fun action movie. I liked it a lot.

I kept waiting for the Da Vinci Code to end.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
Talladega Nights is terrific, and I turned Anchorman off halfway through.

Best movie of the year so far though is Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny. Saw a preview of it two weeks ago. Amazing.

Ya, I saw Talladega last night and was shocked that I liked it. It had some really cheesy parts in it (ie bad jokes that were killed) but overall it was an enjoyable flick. Laughed a ton which was a surprise considering i hate Ferrell.

And ya, I saw that preview for The Pick of Destiny and I think I'll be checking that out considering I'm a big Jack Black fan.

For anyone with Comcast Digital Cable, watch "Slaughterhouse Five" -- available under the category 'Free Movies.'

Although dated (made in 1972), it's a surprisingly well produced movie which chronicles a man whose life is replayed in random order. Scenes involving Dresden's firebombing and Vallerie Perrine are perhaps the best.

Maybe I was in a terrible mood tonight but I found Talledaga Nights to be one of the worst comedies I have seen in recent memory. Too many awkward and unfunny moments, and way too many reoccuring jokes. Maybe I missed the point :huh

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 06:17 AM)
Maybe I was in a terrible mood tonight but I found Talledaga Nights to be one of the worst comedies I have seen in recent memory. Too many awkward and unfunny moments, and way too many reoccuring jokes. Maybe I missed the point :huh

Same.

It was like one of those SNL sketches where you can tell all the actors think their scene is hilarious, but you have a hard time even cracking a smile.

World Trade Center was a decent movie. They did a good job of not disrespecting the event by making money off of 9-11 itself. The movie is more about 2 men's experience then it was about the tragedy. It is a sad movie obviously, so if you enjoy paying to be saddened go see it.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 01:20 PM)
World Trade Center was a decent movie. They did a good job of not disrespecting the event by making money off of 9-11 itself. The movie is more about 2 men's experience then it was about the tragedy. It is a sad movie obviously, so if you enjoy paying to be saddened go see it.

I thought it was very good as well. Some of the stuff was melo dramatic like Jimeno's vision of God, but maybe that did happen. Who knows. I liked it as well and it is good to know that this and "United 93" were made "the right way".

BUT NOW, the reason I am in the thread. My cell phone rang and it was a 555 number on caller ID. I was curious and picked up...

Me: Hello?

Caller: Brian?

Me: Yeah?

Caller: THIS IS SAMUEL L. JACKSON, NOW I KNOW YOU HAVE SEEN ME IN MOVIES LIKE PULP FICTION....

He went on advertising Snakes on a Plane. Usually I would hang up but I marked out for it. Just a recording obviously but that was awesome.

I bought V for Vendetta and watched it again.

I absolutely love that movie. By watching it a second time, I was also able to figure out the connection between the whole St. Marys and Lock (sp?) Hill incidents. It definitely has become one of my favorites...