*Official* 2005 Soxfest Thread

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 09:07 AM)
For those who are interested, I just noticed Chisox.com has just put up some pictures of the first day of Sox Fest on the front page.  They have a pic of almost every new acquisition.

The Trib's White Sox page also has some pictures.

I want that jacket that Dye has.

I found this in another thread about Crazy Carl from JDsdirtySox....

"Just returned home from the fest... Crazy Carl looks to be in good shape. I heard him do an interview, and he said he was embarassed by his lack of contribution last year, and has vowed for that to change. "

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 10:37 AM)
I found this in another thread about Crazy Carl from JDsdirtySox....

"Just returned home from the fest... Crazy Carl looks to be in good shape. I heard him do an interview, and he said he was embarassed by his lack of contribution last year, and has vowed for that to change. "

Thanks ... That's good to hear.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
Alright, so how did the KW Q&A go????

I'm at the Hyatt right now, my brother brought his laptop along.

Me and Soxnbears are sittin here watchin the football game, with Brian (IlliniKrush) "sleeping" on the bed.

As for the Q&A with Kenny, it was alright. Not a lot of tough questions for Kenny, but we got some insight from Ozzie as to what the lineup will look like. One more thing about Kenny -- I didn't have a problem with any of the questions ask, cause really, he filled all of the holes he needed to fill.

Take it FWIW, but when Kenny was asked about Iguchi, he started chuckling a bit, and said that he wanted to keep things about him on the low down. I think we'll see Iguchi in a Sox uniform sooner rather than later, but that's JMHO.

As for Ozzie's lineup, someone suggested A-Row leading off, but Ozzie said he likes Pods leading off. Here's what the lineup without Frank will look like, IIRC from the conference:

Pods

Rowand

Konerko

Dye

Everett

Uribe

Pierzynski

Crede

Harris

Don't quote me on that, but I'm almost positive that was what Ozzie said. Ozzie also said that Everett is in excellent shape. I might have switched up the Uribe/Pierzynski part of the lineup, but I'm positive that Crede/Harris will be your eight/nine guys (provided Iguchi isn't brought in), and that Pods/Rowand/Konerko should be the top three.

And, though this isn't any big news, Mark Buehrle will be your opening day starter.

I'll check back in later...

Well, I just returned from the fest, already wearing my Sox Pride wristband.

Wow. What a good time. Growing up on the Northside, I've never seen that many die-hard Sox fans gathered together at one time; it was really great to see. There were a lot of friendly faces and great Sox gear.

Random Thoughts...

1. It was great bumping into some of the fine posters here at Soxtalk. Beastly and I watched the Kenny/Ozzie/Hawk Q & A together, then I met Steff, Jason, and Aboz. It was a pleasure meeting all of you.

2. Great turnout. Saturday's Soxfest was sold out and that ain't no joke; the place was packed. I wouldn't be surprised if that broke some kind of Soxfest attendance record.

3. The autograph signings were a blast. This, my first Soxfest, I only got Pierzynski's, Rowand's and (get this) Bo Jackson's autographs. I've learned if we really want those autographs, you basically have to forfeit the Seminars; those lines are awfully long.

4. I met up with Aaron Rowand outside Houlihan's for a few minutes. We talked about his new contract and how his wife didn't have to work anymore, Ozzie, and all things Sox. Aaron was a genuinely nice guy and took a considerable amount of his time to speak with me. Dude has some pipes!

5. The Q & A session was very upbeat and positive. Both Steff and Aboz behaved themselves and Kenny was flabbergasted by all the love. He couldn't believe how much praise he was receiving, it was hysterical. As expected, Kenny didn't hint that there would be any more moves, but instead, was very happy with the moves he has already made and wanted to focus on those. Ozzie was hysterical and gave some token Ozzie lines. In 2005, he will still "makee da lineup." Hawk was great and answered a question on a "certain former Chicago radio host's" recent departure. Hawk was very happy and thought it was time to end his trail of lies. I wish I had some breaking news to report, but things were pretty uneventful.

All in all, it was a first-class experience. The posters at Soxtalk were great in person, Beastly and I had a good time at the Q & A and it was a great way to interact with other Sox fans. I couldn't recommend Soxfest any more.

Just wanted to give a few quick observations:

1. Uribe is NOT overweight.

2. I've managed to keep Gage in line, for the most part.

3. Pierzynski seemed to have a great attitude and a lot of good things to say about joining the organization, as did Podsednik.

4. And most importantly, there have been plenty of "fresh nugs" for all at Soxfest.

Posting from the Apple Store on Michigan Ave, so I've gotta go.

aboz

:headbang :headbang