Gload to 15 day DL

Guest JimH

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
Well if his shoulder is hurt like Jim said then how is he supposed to PH

I'm saying, with all due respect to Jim, I heard the same reports that he did, I don't believe he was hurt that bad. I wasn't calling for Gload to PH last night. PHing him last night, would have meant Lopez would be stuck on the roster an extra 3 days. I'm not discounting that Ross may be hurting. I just don't think it's bad enough for him to see some DL time. It's obvious from the playing time in the first few weeks that he's the 25th man on the team, behind even Neal Cotts. He's taking the fall, because 3 other guys are a little gimpy, but don't need to be gone for 15 days.

Gload = Jared Reiner.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
My first thoughts exactly.

And, like Gene said, it wasn't really out in the open that Ross had an injury. If I would have known, I wouldn't have b****ed about it. Sorry to Ozzie.

Timo still sucks, either way.

And Jim, the way our offense is going right now, we can't afford to have an easy out anywhere in the lineup. Was Lopez even hitting at Charlotte? I don't care if he's a better shortstop than Harris defensively, we need offense.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
And, like Gene said, it wasn't really out in the open that Ross had an injury.  If I would have known, I wouldn't have b****ed about it.  Sorry to Ozzie.

Timo still sucks, either way.

And Jim, the way our offense is going right now, we can't afford to have an easy out anywhere in the lineup.  Was Lopez even hitting at Charlotte?  I don't care if he's a better shortstop than Harris defensively, we need offense.

Lopez was hitting under .200 at Charlotte.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
For all of you that b**** out Ozzie for PH Timo over Gload...

That means nothing.

As far as everyone was concerened last night, Gload was available to PH. You can't fault people for wanting Gload up in that situation when you find out THE DAY AFTER that he "wasn't available."

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
That means nothing.

As far as everyone was concerened last night, Gload was available to PH. You can't fault people for wanting Gload up in that situation when you find out THE DAY AFTER that he "wasn't available."

So Gload has been unavailable for days, Ozuna could only pinch run. Uribe was not ready. Why wasn't someone called up last night? They played 3 short after an off day. That is absolutely crazy.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
So Gload has been unavailable for days, Ozuna could only pinch run. Uribe was not ready. Why wasn't someone called up last night? They played 3 short after an off day. That is absolutely crazy.

After seeing Lopez in the spring, they wanted a miracle of someone getting better. It didn't happen.

This is ugly. Lopez is supposed to have great hands defensively, but he should have started this season in AA. Valdez is lost through waivers and then he starts in AAA overmatched. Now he is in the bigs. Wow, good luck kid, you're gonna need it.

Maybe Ozzy just needed another guy who speaks spanish in the club house. Lopez was over his head in AAA, and the only thing thing he brings to the bigs is AA fielding, no bat and great conversation.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
He's like a better fielding and speedier Joe Borchard without the bat. How's that for a comparison? :D

Congratulations, I stopped reading the rest of this thread after this one.

:puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)

Welcome to "Smart Ball", don't worry we are just flying under the radar on this and taking it one day at a time.

b****, b****, b****...

Obviously they want another middle infielder on the roster with Ozuna and Uribe's injuries still nagging them. The reason it took three days is pretty clear... they know that Lopez is not ready.

Cheer up! We're 17-7.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
That means nothing.

Doesn't it seem typical for people to pounce on Ozzie before the situation is even known?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)

I'd rather have Willie up over either of them off the bench. Gload has been awful this entire year and he's one of my favorite players (I just like how he's found his way up to the majors).

Now he'll be able to go on the dl and then get some rehab time down in Charlotte. The key is he can get some consistent swings.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
at least Anderson continues to rake... .338/407/.623 with 4 HR's so far.

The only bat that's hotter right now is Jerry Owens.  After a slow start, he changed his stance, and since, he has torn up AA pitching. -- .318/.363/.341 w/ 8 SBs

7 multi hit games in his last 10 too. Owens is just scolding the ball.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)

Jermaine Dye made contact with the ball all 4 times he went up to the plate that night, IIRC.

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU PINCH HIT FOR HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE?

The guy has no confidence at the plate or in himself at the given time, so as a manager, you should put him into a situation where he can succeed easily, therefore raising his confidence.

PHing anyone for Dye at the time left me mystified, considering what I just said, but then you put in a guy that is hitting WORSE then Dye? f***in brilliant Ozzie.

Hindsight is 20-20, but I had felt all along that pinch hitting was the wrong move to make there.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 1, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
Jermaine Dye made contact with the ball all 4 times he went up to the plate that night, IIRC.

The guy has no confidence at the plate or in himself at the given time, so as a manager, you should put him into a situation where he can succeed easily, therefore raising his confidence.

PHing anyone for Dye at the time left me mystified, considering what I just said, but then you put in a guy that is hitting WORSE then Dye?  f***in brilliant Ozzie.

Hindsight is 20-20, but I had felt all along that pinch hitting was the wrong move to make there.

No it was a bonehead move when made and is still a bonehead move now. I say that about his moves that pay off too. My theory is if it don't make sense I don't like it. Hunches can work every once in a while but playing yoru best guys and going with the odds are always going to help things work out more often.

The key is the Ozzie factor and whether it will outweigh his managerial blunders. The Ozzie factor is what I term motivation, hustle, playing your ass off, and just getting the little things accomplished and from that perspective he seems to be doing a good job (minus a few recent games).

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 2, 2005 -> 05:16 AM)

PHing anyone for Dye at the time left me mystified, considering what I just said, but then you put in a guy that is hitting WORSE then Dye?  f***in brilliant Ozzie.

Plus he was my PTC. Pretty much runies my night there with the bases loaded. :lol: