7-27-05 Game thread Sox @ KC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
I never thought i'd say this about this team this year but they really could miss the playoffs... Not only is it possible but if they continue to play like this it's likely... The fact is that Ross Gloads bad defense was the Anchor that brought this team down... Last night it was Willie Harris and Juan Uribe...

As for Willie and Ross, AAA sounds good... Uribe.... well he can be a bench player.. get a decent SS... without these three losers this is a sweep... .if these three are allowed to play in any meaningful way that not only is it likely we will miss the playoffs, but a certainty...

I wouldn't be too worried about us not making the playoffs. The Twins have 0 offense. The Indians are too inconsistent, and blew a heartbreaker today in Oakland. If anything I'd be worried about the Tigers going on a run, but they are still 16 games back. At this point I'm worried about this team come playoff time. We definitely need another quality reliever and/or Starting Pitcher, and another LH bat.

Edited by CYGarland

Not only did Gload singlehandedly lose us this game...

But I think it's no coincidence that this team started sucking as soon as Gload got up to the majors...

Conclusion... get well Frank, trade for Huff... Just do something to get Gload off this team... We need to be the best in baseball again... And as long as losers like Gload and Harris drag us down.. the playoffs are a pipe dream....

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 06:01 PM)

But I think it's no coincidence that this team started sucking as soon as Gload got up to the majors...

Conclusion... get well Frank, trade for Huff... Just do something to get Gload off this team... We need to be the best in baseball again... And as long as losers like Gload and Harris drag us down.. the playoffs are a pipe dream....

um Huff is brutal defensively. He can really hit though.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
A combination of bad managing and bad defense led to the loss.  I hope this series loss to the Royals wakes up the team.

Complete agreement. Defense was horrible, especially by the "B-teamers."

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
I never thought i'd say this about this team this year but they really could miss the playoffs... Not only is it possible but if they continue to play like this it's likely... The fact is that Ross Gloads bad defense was the Anchor that brought this team down... Last night it was Willie Harris and Juan Uribe...

As for Willie and Ross, AAA sounds good... Uribe.... well he can be a bench player.. get a decent SS... without these three losers this is a sweep... .if these three are allowed to play in any meaningful way that not only is it likely we will miss the playoffs, but a certainty...

We'll make the playoffs, although if today was the end of the season, our morale would be shot. Let us all pray every night that Willie Harris never puts on a Sox jersey again. He's utterly useless. He doesn't even have any base stealing instincts. Ozuna can be our pinchrunner. Harris should NEVER start. Gload should really be limited to pinchhitting duties as well as Konerko is hitting righties very well this year. I'm pissed about him botching that play, but I'll give him a chance (considering last year) before I put him in the useless bin. Uribe's gotta play unless we get someone at SS... which I doubt but am hoping for.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 05:01 PM)

You aren't very smart.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)

Congratulations! You have officially passed Anthraxfan93 as the most obnoxious troll on this board. :headshake

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 06:01 PM)

Hey OldRoman is back! If not, it is a damned fine imitation.

Stop 2nd guessing DJ.

Dear Franken2ndguesser:

Please learn the difference between interpretation and what you do, which is 2nd guessing.

Come back in, oh, 10 years when you've figured it out.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)

..................BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

One player did not lose this game. It was a lack of execution by numerous members of this team.

Garland did not deserve this. He pitched pretty well.

Jenks did well in relief. Hopefully his arm didnt fall off.

Spiderman had a nice clutch homer earlier.

Hopefully losses like this can prove once and for all to KW that we need upgrades. The standing pat because we have the best record in baseball isnt going to help.

We need a high BA line drive hitting guy on this team. We have too many how BA thumpers who can hit the ball to mars but cannot string a few hits together. We rely way to much on the home run and this is not the offense right now that Ozzie had in mind. This is the 2004 offense for the last few weeks.

My only concern is that we used the pen a bit too much this series and we should of won a series with our best 3 going.

Just got home from work, and thought I'd chime in with these thoughts:

- Cotts shouldn't be used as a situational lefty. Especially considering that he's better vs righties than lefties, if you bring him in....keep him in!

- Enough with the frequent benching of Iguchi. He's on the record as saying that it throws him out of a rhythm.

- We need a difference maker on offense. Especially considering that it seems we're relying on the long ball so often now, that philosophy isn't going to work with all the punching judy hitters we have in the lineup currently.

- This was the best time for the Sox to struggle if they were going to go into a slump. It would have been much worse if this slump took place when we were facing divisional challengers. Also, hopefully this might make KW and Ozzie feel a little uneasy about the rest of the season. I'm not saying they were overconfident....but I think this series was a nice little slap in the face.

BTW, it's much nicer to be freaking out about losing 2 in a row when you have an 11.5 game lead than it is to be freaking out about 5 losses in a row when you trail by 10 games.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)

Dude, you are awesome!!!

You should post everyday!!! That is one of funniest posts ever!!

It's obviously a joke! Because no one could make those statements and be serious!!

We are 12-11 this month. And this WILL be the worst month we will experience in the 2005 season. No need to worry- we will take 3 out of 4 in Baltamore and we will get back to our winning ways.

I hope this was a lesson learned for Ozzie. Quit playing all of our B players all the damn time!! I don't care who we are playing. I'm guessing Ozzie was just playing Willie twice so the SF scout can get a good look at him. I expect Contreras (or BMac), Willie and Marte to be traded this weekend- hopefully for Vizquel and Schmidt. Right now it looks like the Orioles and Red Sox will be getting into a bidding war for Burnett.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)
Dude, you are awesome!!!

You should post everyday!!! That is one of funniest posts ever!!

It's obviously a joke! Because no one could make those statements and be serious!!

Wow it took that long for someone to get it...

I'll be the first to admit I was pissed at Ross... but after I got started I just kept going...

You have to do something to entertain yourself after such a sloppy loss...

What makes it harder is we have the boring off day... Hopefully we'll get a trade to liven things up...

LOL! :snr

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)
We are 12-11 this month. And this WILL be the worst month we will experience in the 2005 season. No need to worry- we will take 3 out of 4 in Baltamore and we will get back to our winning ways.

I hope this was a lesson learned for Ozzie. Quit playing all of our B players all the damn time!!  I don't care who we are playing. I'm guessing Ozzie was just playing Willie twice so the SF scout can get a good look at him. I expect Contreras (or BMac), Willie and Marte to be traded this weekend- hopefully for Vizquel and Schmidt. Right now it looks like the Orioles and Red Sox will be getting into a bidding war for Burnett.

I don't know about that. August is going to be really rough. If we had this record after next month, I'd be fine, but we have this record after playing essentially our division.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)

I'll be the first to admit I was pissed at Ross... but after I got started I just kept going...

What makes it harder is we have the boring off day... Hopefully we'll get a trade to liven things up...

Wow. I think you got tat in an entirely different way then he actually meant it....

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)

Nice try at a backtrack, but you are totally full of it. That was no joke.