Juan Uribe

Jordan4life_2007

After nearly 5 months of wondering what the hell was wrong with Uribe, he finally looks to be putting it together. Juan's hitting a sizzling .500, 14 for 28, in his last 7 games. I don't think it's any coincidence that the offense has been much better since he's been hitting. A hot Uribe at the bottom of the order will be so huge down the stretch and into the playoffs.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
After nearly 5 months of wondering what the hell was wrong with Uribe,  he finally looks to be putting it together.  Juan's hitting a sizzling .500,  14 for 28,  in his last 7 games.  I don't think it's any coincidence that the offense has been much better since he's been hitting.  A hot Uribe at the bottom of the order will be so huge down the stretch and into the playoffs.

I'm looking forward to this. Juan was a blast to watch play last summer when he was just raking it; he could really carry a team, when he was on. It's pretty nice to see Juan's starting to turn it on when the season's starting to get more serious.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
Well I think Bill Melton mentioned that Uribe had recently added a little leg kick to get his timing down so he doesn't swing out of control. I think it's working so far. I'll have to watch for it next time he plays.

A few players are using it now. I saw Aaron doing it as well. Looks like it is really working.

While watching the game yesterday...Hawk said that the Big Hurt paid a visit to the team while they were in Texas and really beat up on Juan & helped him with his swing. From that point on...bang, zoom, right to the moon.

Juan...just keep this going through the end of October. Your hot streak last year lasted about 2 months or so...can it last that long this year? We can average 10 runs a game if he gets truly hot.

Uribe has not only been hitting, but he has been showing discipline at the plate. Uribe has actually been walking recently. It is no conincidence that the sox have been scoring runs without the 8 and 9 wholes (Crede and Uribe) being automatic outs. Uribe looks like a major league shortstop right now. ... And Crede, ... I like his banner.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
Uribe has not only been hitting, but he has been showing discipline at the plate.  Uribe has actually been walking recently.  It is no conincidence that the sox have been scoring runs without the 8 and 9 wholes (Crede and Uribe) being automatic outs.  Uribe looks like a major league shortstop right now.  ... And Crede, ... I like his banner.

Its amazing! When you dont swing at bad pitches,sooner or later you will get a good one! :notworthy

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
While watching the game yesterday...Hawk said that the Big Hurt paid a visit to the team while they were in Texas and really beat up on Juan & helped him with his swing.  From that point on...bang, zoom, right to the moon.

Juan...just keep this going through the end of October.  Your hot streak last year lasted about 2 months or so...can it last that long this year?  We can average 10 runs a game if he gets truly hot.

Thats funny, Farmer and Rooney were saying that Walt Hriniak came in and worked with Uribe at the request of the team. I wonder which helped more, FT or Hriniak?

I remember Uribe's swing/approach looking much better (even if results weren't always there) around our first trip to Boston, then Juan relapsed so to speak on the Minny road trip, before starting to rake in September.

But his recent success only highlights his year(s)-long stupidity/selfishness, and for all his considerable physical talent, you get this feeling he will find a way to screw things up. Fool me once and all that...

If he matures overnight and kicks ass in October, I'd be happy to admit I was wrong.

You could really tell that Juan was going to turn it around because of the reasons Yeast Confection posted. He was taking pitches, walks and having better ABs even if he wasn't getting hits. Since the calender has hit September it almost seems everyone has been having better AB's.

Rowand, Paulie has continued to hit (was hitting in August), Dye, AJ and of course Uribe. If Pods and Tadahito start to heat up the Sox will really take flight. This is the type of September that can lead to some great things. Keep it up and make this really a season to remember!!!! :gosox1: :gosox2: :headbang

Edited by BFirebird