Sox v. Kansas City, 4/7/06, Garland v. Affeldt

I know it's a little bit early, and I apologize to anyone offended by that. I don't mean any harm. I've just got a day off of school tomorrow (and the start of my Spring Break) so I wanted to start this up today. The last thread I started was in Spring Training when the Sox faced the Cubs, but don't worry -- I have no goal of abusing thread starts.

Okay, the last game I made the thread for. You remember the tie-game?

Yeah. That was me! :P

Okay. Jokes aside, Garland takes the mound and gets his chance to show that he's not a one-hit wonder. Contreras did it against the Indians despite a rough first, and now it's Garland's time. On the other side, the Royals throw left-handed Jeremy Affeldt, and it looks to be a good solid matchup. Traditionally, Garland has killed the Royals but has struggled at Kaufman.

The game will be aired on Comcast Sports Net at seven o clock.

:gosox1:

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes a nite game = awsome

Ill be able to watch it all the KC vs. Sox games with a weekend and a nite friday game, i finally wont have to tape the dam game.

But s*** @ tigers monday wendsday and thursday. Effing 1pm starts = killer. Major tapeage.

I'm assuming the time in the topic is central time, which means I should be able to watch it :D

Go Sox, lets get this series started right!

(also, someone should update the YNOT contest :P)

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
I'm assuming the time in the topic is central time, which means I should be able to watch it :D

Go Sox, lets get this series started right!

(also, someone should update the YNOT contest :P)

Yes, it is Central Time.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
Affeldt scares me. He's capable and another lefty. We need to face a righty so Thome can blast 3 or more hrs off the stiff Royals.

Affeldt is a power lefty. He will try and go in on our right handed hitters who will smoke him. He doesnt have the velocity in the starters role he has when he relieves and his control is not good enough to consistantly get ahead. These are the types of pitchers that the sox tee off on.