some thoughts on my first sox game this season

GoRowand33

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
:D hilarious!

These guys look like they are from Staten Island...not the South Side... this guy is clearly being funny...

LOL, yeah, in the original post he says the picture was taken at Jimbos, and in the bottom right corner there's clearly a caption which says, "www.clubitup.com"

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
LOL, yeah, in the original post he says the picture was taken at Jimbos, and in the bottom right corner there's clearly a caption which says, "www.clubitup.com"

You mean jimbos isn't the ultimate nightclub experience??? :(

With the growing membership in Sox fans this year, gear yourself for more bandwagon fans.

Soon The Gays will be spotted at the cell, and who knows if the south side culture can co-exist with the boys from boystown.

The Cubs would have been a much better team if sosa was playing with them this year.

Nice pics from Clubitup.com . They look like typical white sox fans. I knew Jimbos was a gay club.

QUOTE(GoSosaGoCubsGo @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
With the growing membership in Sox fans this year, gear yourself for more bandwagon fans.

Soon The Gays will be spotted at the cell, and who knows if the south side culture can co-exist with the boys from boystown.

The Cubs would have been a much better team if sosa was playing with them this year.

Nice pics from Clubitup.com . They look like typical white sox fans. I knew Jimbos was a  gay club.

Goodbye.

Look me and my friends like to go out and have fun at sox games. Stop making fun of shirts, hair gel, tan's ect. You are just jealous. To clairify we went to Jimbos after Friday's game, then to Transit. That picture was taken at Transit, my fault.

We have a lot in common and some differences. However we are all Sox fans. My point that the fan base is changing and the fact I think its a good thing remains unchanged. I (along with many others- as apparent by the number of balls being thrown back) think the tradition of throwing opposing team homers back is a good thing- many of you dont. No biggie, we live in the greatest country in the world that allows us to have opinions.

The "wave", you are gonna have to deal with that also. What we can all be happy for is that the increased attendence is paying for the increased payroll. Hopefully this will continue, unlike what happens on the Northside. I guess my point of responding to this post (Im historically a "lurker" I've been a member of this board for a long time), embrace the changes- the Cell wasnt a cool place to hang out at before. The majority of our fan base looked like/ acted like that guy that ran on the field and got beat down. Yeah we are still more rowdy then other fan bases but we are getting "cooler".

Here we are before Sundays victory (thats our Mardi Gras tree behind us). Didnt get any numbers Sunday :crying

band11.jpg

QUOTE(LeroySettle @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 06:45 AM)
Look me and my friends like to go out and have fun at sox games.  Stop making fun of shirts, hair gel, tan's ect.  You are just jealous.  To clairify we went to Jimbos after Friday's game, then to Transit.  That picture was taken at Transit, my fault. 

We have a lot in common and some differences.  However we are all Sox fans.  My point that the fan base is changing and the fact I think its a good thing remains unchanged.  I (along with many others-  as apparent by the number of balls being thrown back) think the tradition of throwing opposing team homers back is a good thing-  many of you dont.  No biggie, we live in the greatest country in the world that allows us to have opinions.

The "wave", you are gonna have to deal with that also.  What we can all be happy for is that the increased attendence is paying for the increased payroll.  Hopefully this will continue, unlike what happens on the Northside.  I guess my point of responding to this post (Im historically a "lurker" I've been a member of this board for a long time), embrace the changes- the Cell wasnt a cool place to hang out at before.  The majority of our fan base looked like/ acted like that guy that ran on the field and got beat down.  Yeah we are still more rowdy then other fan bases but we are getting "cooler".

Here we are before Sundays victory (thats our Mardi Gras tree behind us).  Didnt get any numbers Sunday  :crying

band11.jpg

I think I found your leaders.

roxbury.jpg\

12ef0b40.jpg

Hey look they were at the same Jimbos you were.

12514.jpg

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 07:43 AM)
Sorry kiddo, but make up wearing fake bake 17 year olds with bubble gum machine earrings and extra long tube socks in thier panties do nothing for me.  ;)

Why you gotta playa hate???

:lol:

If done right, this kid has potential to be my favorite Soxtalk "personality", but I can easily see it go wrong quickly, too.

QUOTE(GoSosaGoCubsGo @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 03:19 AM)

Nice pics from Clubitup.com . They look like typical white sox fans. I knew Jimbos was a  gay club.

Its gotta be like being a switchboard operator in a cellular phone world... Just not many chances to ply your craft as a Cubs fan trolling a White Sox board, huh?

QUOTE(LeroySettle @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
Whatever, you are probably one of the chicks that I got a phone number from and are still waiting a call back hahaha!  Keep waiting I dont hang with girls from Plainfield, only city girls for me~

:gosox1:

I know you want me...

band15.jpg

lol, this kids awesome...

i hope he doesn't run out of pictures...if you do there is njguido.com

we won't mind the face switch.

Are you effin kiddin' me? These guys look like the dorks from the Gotti reality show!

"Only city girls for me!" LOL. And then talk of going to... Transit.

Anyway, there's a couple of points to be made.

a) Despite what this kid's claiming, the wave is lame. Why? I'll tell you why: because it's a cliche. A totally worn-out one at that. Certainly we can be more original than copying something that started somewhere else and has been around since, what, the 70s? The only thing more lame is... yeesh: thundersticks. Yeah, they showed up one night for some promotion last year. Remember? I'm trying to forget.

B) Throwing the ball back is Cub fan bulls***. I don't care where it originally started--it didn't start here and, like it or not, in Chicago that's a Cub thing. We don't need to ape their traditions and no it's not the new generation of Sox fans we're talking about when this happens--it's wannabes and Cub fans that do this.

c) I don't understand the phenom of Cub fans showing up in Cubs gear and then looking to start trouble. Talk about definition of "loser." I am forced to go to two Cubs games a year for work and I can assure you, I have no interest in sporting a Sox jersey and cheering for the visiting team. WTF is the point of that?

That said, I'm enjoying this thread for it's sheer stupidity, the great photos and the "I got three numbers!" hype. LMFAO.