Sox vs Angels Game Thread

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 10, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
It'd also be the most single game strikeouts from a person from Livonia, MI, or a Person who's middle name is Wallis. What's your point?

My point is that when Haeger throws a perfect game with 27 Ks it will be a rookie record.

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
That would be the most single game strikeouts for a rookie.

That would be a single game record for anyone, let alone a rookie.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 10, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
IMO, this game is could go two ways.

1.Charlie makes LAA look like idiots, and its incredibly fun to watch...

or.....

2.This game is more frustrating and worse than Cotts in the Bronx...

Well, to be fair Cotts was really thrown to the wolves that day. At least Heager has the benefit of pitching at home, whereas Cotts had to throw against the best offense in the league, in the bronx.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 10, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
Well, to be fair Cotts was really thrown to the wolves that day. At least Heager has the benefit of pitching at home, whereas Cotts had to throw against the best offense in the league, in the bronx.

During a pennant chase...late in the season...after the Sox had won 2 in a row from the Yanks...

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 10, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)

Cotts made his major league debut against Anaheim, not the Yankees.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
During a pennant chase...late in the season...after the Sox had won 2 in a row from the Yanks...

Yeah, I had an extremely sick feeling in my stomach when that whole deal came about. One of Jerry Manuels head scratchers that really had no chance of succeeding. Cotts had to be perfect that day, and that is just unfair.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
Cotts made his major league debut against Anaheim, not the Yankees.

Did i say it was his ML debut?

edit: I didnt mean for that to come off as being snotty. I was questioning if I said it was his ML debut, which I knew it wasnt. But it was a spot start for Cotts and Manuel really dropped a ton of pressure on Cotts shoulders.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 10, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
IMO, this game is could go two ways.

1.Charlie makes LAA look like idiots, and its incredibly fun to watch...

or.....

2.This game is more frustrating and worse than Cotts in the Bronx...

I've been thinking the same thing. Hopefully his nerves won't keep his knuckler from dancing. If he's around the plate, the Angels, not known for their patience at the plate, and currently struggling, could be the perfect match-up for him. I have the feeling Charlie is going to walk a few tonight. Hopefully AJ is up to the task catching him. He shouldn't worry about throwing guys out trying to steal tonight, just making sure the ball doesn't go back to the screen.

Who would have ever thought everyone could be so happy when Jose was missing a start. This team is the shi$. I love not even having to worry that our best pitcher goes on the DL cause our pitching is so deep. Hell, were pulling a guy out of the minors with an 0.68 ERA and skipping McCarthy. I love this team and I can't say it enough.

Thanks to the Sox for making everyday the best!!!

:drink

Edited by HeGone33

Santana's really struggled in his last 2 outings IIRC. Tonight's another great oppurunity for this team to put up some good offense on the board.

The Angels are REALLY struggling right now. Their offense would probably be around bottom 5 in the MLB in terms of productivity. They've got too many guys like Kotchman and McPherson who they've either mishandled in terms of playing time, them getting injured, or just not producing.

And when their pitching ain't doin the job, they're going to struggle.