Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 07:51 PM)
He's like 25! His title reign was to get the belt back on HHH. When he is 30 or 35 and hasn't done anything, than criticize him.

Orton sells moves almost as well as anyone in the WWE. It is not over selling like some guys do, but he is good at it.

The problem I had with him jobbing out to Lashley last night is because the WWE is pushing Lashley as their next star, but Orton should be their next star. I'm willing to be in 5 years, Lashley will be gone and Orton will be the top heel in the business.

Tallest midget maybe?

He isnt really good at anything, and if he is going to be the next top heel we are in for some boring mic work, and endless tales of third generations stars/legend killers. The guy is tired, has no gimmick, and relies on the "look" and the pedigree.

The next top heel in this outfit is gonna be Ken Kennedy if it is anyone. That guy gets under your skin, can wrestle, and has great mic presence.

edit: the greatest thing I ever saw Randy Orton do, which I thought he was going to take off with, was give Stacy Keibler an RKO. It was totally unexpected (and funny as hell) and the crowd was pissed. If he could actually realize his potential and go heel all out, he might be good. But his mic work is just boring.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 06:59 PM)
Ill kill you

:D

Edited by kyyle23

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry if this is a repost. I didnt bother reading much.

"WWE® Pay-Per-Views To Follow WrestleMania® Formula

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In the spirit that has made WrestleMania the premier brand in the pay-per-view industry, every future World Wrestling Entertainment pay-per-views will feature talent and storylines from all three WWE programs: -- "Monday Night RAW®," "Friday Night SmackDown®," and "ECW®: Extreme Championship Wrestling™."

Starting with Backlash® on April 29, WWE fans will see all their favorite Superstars on every pay-per-view. This is a change from 2005 and 2006, when only four of WWE's 16 pay-per-views featured talent from more than one WWE brand.

"We have seen over the past two years that WWE pay-per-views have significantly better buy rates when more than one WWE brand is involved," said Kurt Schneider, Executive Vice President, Marketing. "WrestleMania, with an average of one million buys per event over the past three years, is the perfect example. This new direction will give our fans more of what they want in every one of our pay-per-views."

Schneider said that the tri-branded WWE pay-per-views will benefit from promotion on all three WWE prime time programs - "Monday Night RAW," (USA, 9/8C), "Friday Night SmackDown," (CW, 8/7C)and "ECW: Extreme Championship Wrestling" (Tuesdays, SCI FI, 10/9C). WWE has had the No. 1 prime time shows on USA, SCI FI, and The CW each week in January and February among households and total viewers, compared to programs with two or more telecasts. Throughout January and February, WWE programs reached 15.7 million viewers in 10.8 million households during the average week.

Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE - News), can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.

Trademarks: All World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, and logos are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. ECW is a trademark of WWE Libraries, Inc. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.

Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains forward-looking statements pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are subject to various risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include the conditions of the markets for live events, broadcast television, cable television, pay-per-view, Internet, feature films, entertainment, professional sports, and licensed merchandise; acceptance of the Company's brands, media and merchandise within those markets; uncertainties relating to litigation; risks associated with producing live events both domestically and internationally; uncertainties associated with international markets; risks relating to maintaining and renewing key agreements, including television distribution agreements; and other risks and factors set forth from time to time in Company filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results could differ materially from those currently expected or anticipated. In addition to these risks and uncertainties, our dividend is based on a number of factors, including our liquidity and historical and projected cash flow, strategic plan, our financial results and condition, contractual and legal restrictions on the payment of dividends and such other factors as our board of directors may consider relevant. "

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Incase you are wondering why Edge has not worked a match in the past several weeks, it is because he is injured. The former WWE Champion suffered a broken jaw while working a match with Rob Van Dam a few weeks ago.

The plan is to hold Edge out until WrestleMania 23 where he will compete in the Money In The Bank ladder match.

-The Rock's surprise appearance this past Monday on RAW was put together by writer Brian Gerwitz. Gerwitz and The Rock keep in contact on a regular basis. Gerwitz asked The Rock if he would make a cameo appearance on RAW to help promote WrestleMania, and he agreed. Also, The Rock's dialogue in his cameo was completely unscripted.

-Chris Jericho is definitely itching to return to the ring, but he would prefer a Mick Foley-type part-time schedule. He would go to TNA if the money was right, and the schedule would be ideal, but he has been pretty consistent in telling people that WWE is his first preference.

-Big Show won't be signing with TNA anytime soon. He is involved in some sort of new project in which Show is both excited and motivated about. No details on the project have been given yet. Show will probably make his new commitment public by the start of the summer.

-Jim Ross has posted up a new blog on his official website. In regards to a WWE-TNA rivalry, Ross said, "In all due respect to all involved, the good folks at TNA have a few miles to travel before they arrive on the same level as the WWE. The huge misconception here is this; the decision makers at TNA simply need to focus on improving their product and not worry about an imagined war with the WWE. That is largely what the WWE did during the Monday night wars which cannot be compared to an updated Monday night war with TNA, in my opinion. This is not a personal attack on TNA or anyone else but the simple fact is most businesses get better when they focus on what they are doing and not what the alleged competitors are up to."

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 06:55 PM)
I must be in the minority. Orton may have the look, but to me he is lacking "It". He just doesnt come off to me as anything more than a cohort. He can speak on the mic, but he never says anything that makes me take notice. Its all the same thing everytime he talks. When he is jobbing it is painfully obvious because he doestn sell moves, when he is going to win it is even more obvious because he gets really cocky.

Orton has his shot, and never grabbed a hold of it.

You hit the nail on the head. Orton has no heart.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 09:48 AM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2805155

Orton, Edge, Helms, Mysterio, Angle, and Eddie Guerrero tied to the same drug scandal as Gary Matthews, Jr.

I shouldn't be surprised by any of them, but Edge surprises me the most. And Mysterio doesn't surprise me at all, for some reason.

Didn't Edge's wife, after a falling out, say Edge took steroids to make him look bad? Orton was looking massive about a month ago. Mysterio at times was huge as well.

Doesn't make me think any less of those guys. Steroids makes them look better but not make them better wrestlers.

If a wrestler takes steroids or HGH and looks like Shane Helms, they're doing something wrong...or they need to just stop taking it. Seriously, if you need roids to get a body like Edge or Helms, you suck at working out or have terrible genetics.

Speaking of Edge, his jaw looks wrong now after breaking it. I dont think that thing is healing right, last night he was talking and doing his trademark grin/jawdrop and it looked......off. Cockeyed is the best description.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)
On the first episode of the WSX marathon last night, there was a fan in the front row wearing a black AJ Pierzynski jersey or shirt. Was that you?

YES!! I forgot I wore that shirt that day. funny thing is, my tivo missed the first episode of the marathon - so I didnt see it. Oh well.

To the Orton thing - his problem is that he can't talk. What made him in that Foley feud (which was awesome by the way), were the Orton commercials and most of Foley's reactions, not to mention all the crazy bumps both took in their Backlash match.

But they have money invested in him, so he's not going anywhere. Why not give him the MITB and really build him up this year so when he challenges for the belt, he's a legitimate main eventer? HHH did him no favors in making him job clean during their feud. That destroyed him.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 05:21 AM)
If a wrestler takes steroids or HGH and looks like Shane Helms, they're doing something wrong...or they need to just stop taking it. Seriously, if you need roids to get a body like Edge or Helms, you suck at working out or have terrible genetics.

I remember Edge used to be around 220 lbs, then he got injured for a year, came back and he weighed something like 240 lbs now.

So I'm not totally shocked that something like this has happened.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 01:21 PM)

Depends on what they're using and what they're using it for. Steroids/HGH do a wide variety of things. I believe Edge is saying he used it to recover from his neck surgery, which might not show huge bulky muscle results, but help him heal faster for rehab or deal with their long schedule on the road.

Also, they could be using something like Winstrol which gives a more toned/cut look than adding extra mass.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 06:25 PM)
I remember Edge used to be around 220 lbs, then he got injured for a year, came back and he weighed something like 240 lbs now.

So I'm not totally shocked that something like this has happened.

I could have sworn that I posted a response to this last night but I guess I was wrong..

Anyways, Edge had neck surgery a while back and I guess it isnt shocking to me that he would take something to be able to get back to full strength asap..

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 02:05 PM)
Mr.Kennedy..............................................Kennedy.......next breakout star!

Kennedy has to learn to work a match rather than just being all offense all the time. There's now doubt he's got the mic skills though.

Reading Foley's new book. Halfway through there's a bit about how he approached McMahon to let him face Orton (he considers his Backlash match with Orton his personal favorite -- Foley, that is).

"Vince, I was thinking about showing up as a surprise entry in the Royal Rumble. I would win the Rumble and then, becuase I wasn't technically a Raw or Smackdown wrestler, would challenge both champions to a three way match at Wrestlemania, which I would win, making me the undisputed heavyweight champion."

"No," Vince said. "I have no interest in doing that."

"Okay. I've got a different idea involving Randy Orton."

!!

I read the new Foley book and skipped a bunch of stuff. Not like the other two books. Too much non wrestling stuff that I didn't care about.

Foley seems overly sensative about a lot of things as well. Get over yourself.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 10:38 PM)
I get the opposite feeling.

Besides, this isn't supposed to be like the other two books.

It's a diary. Not an autobiography.

He refers to it as his 3rd autobiography. Even saying Churchill had 3, why not him.

If he wanted to be controversial, he would of mentioned who was mad backstage that he and Orton had such a good angle and matches.