Sunday Yankees vs Whitesox 7/16/06 Gamethread

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 04:05 AM)
We need a banner going into this game. Something BIGTIME Peter Gabriel style. Maybe godzilla ozzie eating matsui or something.

And that is the AFLAC random post of the day

Edited by kyyle23

Sick bay: First baseman Paul Konerko left Saturday’s game after the fourth inning with flu-like symptoms. He awoke Saturday feeling ill but still tried to contribute.

“Hopefully it’s a one-day thing,’’ Konerko said. “We’ll see. I just went out there and tried to play. It was one of those things where you try to do your best and get through it.’’

After getting hit in the right calf by a Randy Johnson pitch the night before, third baseman Joe Crede was unable to play Saturday. He should return today.

“He was walking a little funny,’’ manager Ozzie Guillen said. “He got hit in a good spot, and he’s a tough kid. I expect him to play (today), but we will see how he feels.’’

I agree about the new banner, but how about the good, old Joe Crede banner?

It seems to be a good luck charm, no?

The Sox need something positive heading into Detroit, since the Tigers just don't want to lose.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox3:

I wl see you all on WGN today. 4 1/2 games behind with Detroit winning every game they play vrs the weaker teams and us going 2 out 3 vrs weak teams and getting our butts beat by contenders ain't good. I hope Freddie Garcia can show us something good today. An ERA near 5 won't help either so it's time to be a stopper.

Freddy Garcia is still the guy I want out there for a big game. Before everyone criticizes me again, keep in mind the Division clinching game, ALDS clinching game, and the World Series clinching game.

It's also a day game on the road. I think Freddy will pitch great today as long as he gets out of the first inning.

QUOTE(soxunited @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 11:20 AM)
Lineup:

LF Podsednik, Scott

2B Iguchi, Tadahito

DH Thome, Jim

1B Konerko, Paul

RF Dye, Jermaine

C Pierzynski, AJ

3B Crede, Joe

CF Mackowiak, Rob

SS Uribe, Juan

Glad that Konerko is back, and Crede too. I think the Sox are going to need to score runs in mass quantity today.

Yankee lineup:

LF Cabrera, Melky

SS Jeter, Derek

DH Giambi, Jason

3B Rodriguez, Alex

C Posada, Jorge

RF Guiel, Aaron

1B Phillips, Andy

2B Cairo, Miguel

CF Crosby, Bubba

If Freddy can't hold this line-up, i don't know what to say

The White Sox have only won 5 games this year when they have scored 3 or less runs. The good news is that they usually score more than 3, the bad is if the offense slows down, this could be one tough second half. They are 5-18 when they score less than 4 runs. Of course, most teams have poor records when they don't score much.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(soxunited @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
Lineup:

LF Podsednik, Scott

2B Iguchi, Tadahito

DH Thome, Jim

1B Konerko, Paul

RF Dye, Jermaine

C Pierzynski, AJ

3B Crede, Joe

CF Mackowiak, Rob

SS Uribe, Juan

boo :(