The Sh*t Pitching Stops Here: Sox @ Yanks

Chisoxfn

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
It was about as easy as a guy making the throw from 3rd to 1st with a fast runner going (ie relatively easy, but a bit of pressure since your rushing or in Melky's case cause its a longer throw). That was routine and it was stupid by Cora.

Especially considering the tying run would have been coming to the plate.

I'd say one or two more games like this and Soxtalk as a collective nation may become on the edge of a breakdown.

Jason, you may need to invent a new 'hero' for us for 2006.

The Rally Crede hasn't come through this series.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
DJ just said its a shame when you don't know the difference between Garcia's fastball and change-up.

This is such a great broadcast by Hawk and DJ today. They've really gone away from the blatant homerism and thrown out some legit criticism to day.

I don't mind Freddy still in if it means Brandon will start in 6 days. But the likely scenario is that Freddy will just pitch well enough this inning to make Ozzie think he's turned it around - only to get shelled in the 1st next outing

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)
This team looks just about done. They completely packed it in for this weekend. They look like dogs out there. Thome can't slide into 2nd, the coaches don't know when to wave people. This is a debacle right now.

25 games over 500 and having a poor two weeks and we are done? You really have to get a new act.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:08 PM)
This team looks just about done. They completely packed it in for this weekend. They look like dogs out there. Thome can't slide into 2nd, the coaches don't know when to wave people. This is a debacle right now.

LOL

Step away from the cliff (Not Politte).

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
Why did we send him? Carbrera had the ball before Crede even got into 3rd.

I don't know how all of you can keep asking this question. If you haven't seen by now that Joey Cora is a dumbass of a 3B coach, you haven't been paying attention.

Taking all of the 3B coaches in baseball, I can't imagine there are many that are worse than Cora. He's one step away from being "Waving" Wendell Kim.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
This is such a great broadcast by Hawk and DJ today. They've really gone away from the blatant homerism and thrown out some legit criticism to day.

It's quite refreshing really.

Garcia's bed wetting this afternoon certaintly didn't heighten his stock.

I can only imagine how many scouts (Mets, among them) came here to watch Garcia pitch. They'll probably leave laughing at any lopsided proposal after watching this.

He's f***ing us over in more than one way.

QUOTE(SoxnGiants @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:09 PM)
I don't mind Freddy still in if it means Brandon will start in 6 days. But the likely scenario is that Freddy will just pitch well enough this inning to make Ozzie think he's turned it around - only to get shelled in the 1st next outing

When it was 6-2, I wouldn't have shed a tear if the Yankees hit a 3 run homer.

This team really needs to start playing better baseball or else that record is just going to keep getting worse. Those arms are dead tired and I can't see them getting better anytime soon. Evryone is playing like s***. Keep losing and you get closer and closer to that .500 mark.

Oh and if you haven't figuered it out yet. The Tigers aren't going anywhere.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
This team really needs to start playing better baseball or else that record is just going to keep getting worse. Those arms are dead tired and I can't see them getting better anytime soon. Evryone is playing like s***. Keep losing and you get closer and closer to that .500 mark.

If I eat 40 pizzas a day and sit on my ass all day, I will gain weight.

Seriously man, come fresh or get out.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:10 PM)
So because he's not in, are you taking that to mean he's being shopped/getting ready to go into the rotation?

I hope for the love of God he's getting ready to take Freddy's spot. That'd meam he'd throw tomorrow, most likely, because it'd be 5 days before Freddy's next start.

It's mainly me hoping.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You certainly fell off the bandwagon,

how was that last pitch a strike?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)

i've never seen them like this before, I honestly think they had a run in with some players recently or something.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)

No offense meant, but reading your posts is like night and day. One post it's only 12 losses in the second half of the year, another post its 'everyone is playing like s***'.