8/12 @ 1:05 PM Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
Fat Freddy fashions himself as a big-game pitcher. Hopefully he'll show us all that he really is even with 86 MPH gas.

I'd laugh tomorrow if somehow Freddy "found" his fastball and came out hurling like he did last season.

This feels like a playoff game. If we can win this game, we're right back in this darn thing. If not, then we'll have a ton of work to do to have a shot at the division. CMON Freddy. :headbang

I'd also like to add that Brian Anderson better be in cf.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
I'd also like to add that Brian Anderson better be in cf.

Minor is a righty, correct? And BA's played both games this series, so I'm afraid Mack will be in CF, and there's nothing we can do about it. So let's just hope we can get to Minor, our 3-4-5 has had a couple of slow games and been picked up by the end of the order, they're due to really light someone up.

Anyway, Freddy, come on, you'll get no help in Cf, but hopefully they won't hit many balls there. Time to Man up.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
Minor is a righty, correct? And BA's played both games this series, so I'm afraid Mack will be in CF, and there's nothing we can do about it. So let's just hope we can get to Minor, our 3-4-5 has had a couple of slow games and been picked up by the end of the order, they're due to really light someone up.

Anyway, Freddy, come on, you'll get no help in Cf, but hopefully they won't hit many balls there. Time to Man up.

Negative. The suck that is Rob Mackowiak in centerfield actually draws more balls to him.

A few things to look for:

1] Minor throws a lot of pitches, and can miss the zone. The sox wait him out, make him work, they can get the Det. bullpen by the 5th, 6th inning if not knock him out before.

2] If Freddy can live up to his billing as a big game, 'throws well in the day' pitcher.

3] See if the middle of the lineup comes back strong after an 'off day' on Sat. Thome, PK and Dye have been feasting on pitchers mistakes. A young guy like Minor should give them a few good pitches to hit

4] Pods and Tad vs the RHP Minor. Both hit horribly vs LHP on the year [and went 0-for vs Rogers] and could get back to hitting like they did on Fri.

5] See if the tigers panic a bit [defensive lapses, pitches left up in the zone, not hitting their spots, hitters trying to do too much]

Prediction--Sox finish the sweep if the pitching comes through. With a rested pen, the sox should be alright even if Freddy has an off day.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 07:11 AM)
A few things to look for:

1] Minor throws a lot of pitches, and can miss the zone. The sox wait him out, make him work, they can get the Det. bullpen by the 5th, 6th inning if not knock him out before.

2] If Freddy can live up to his billing as a big game, 'throws well in the day' pitcher.

3] See if the middle of the lineup comes back strong after an 'off day' on Sat. Thome, PK and Dye have been feasting on pitchers mistakes. A young guy like Minor should give them a few good pitches to hit

4] Pods and Tad vs the RHP Minor. Both hit horribly vs LHP on the year [and went 0-for vs Rogers] and could get back to hitting like they did on Fri.

5] See if the tigers panic a bit [defensive lapses, pitches left up in the zone, not hitting their spots, hitters trying to do too much]

Prediction--Sox finish the sweep if the pitching comes through. With a rested pen, the sox should be alright even if Freddy has an off day.

I don't know how true this is, but on another board someone said that the only difference in the line up today is that Cintron starts for Iguchi. BA is in center :o

I'm just excited for this game. Finally were on a nice streak, BA still in CF, Big game for Freddy. Tigers feeling (small) pressure; so this is all coming together for a nice sit down and strap it on with a nice premium brewskie type game. Lets enjoy it and not go stupid if we lose please.