Aaron Rowand

southsideirish

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
lol thats the qoute of the day because its pretty much true. Many White Sox fans have wanted Rowand back since May and we have been talking about getting him back ever since. You have to admit, he may not be the the most talented, or even a better athlete than than Anderson, but he works his ass off and White Sox fans appreciate that. He loves the White Sox and loves White Sox fans. How can you not miss a guy like him?? Getting Rowand back won't neccessarily garuntee us a division title, but it does garuntee us that our defense will be pretty solid out in CF and RF. Getting Rowand back may also help Pods game, Rowand helped Pods defense when he was here and Pods helped Rowands base running. Im all for getting Rowand back.

Anderson had more range than Rowand had. Prancers issues with his defense in LF had nothing to do with his lack of Rowand in CF. It had more to do with bringing his crappy bat and baserunning blunders out onto the field with him. Rowand right now hits better than Anderson, and that is about where it ends. Anderson is a better fielder than Rowand. Anderson is faster than Rowand. Anderson has a better arm than Rowand.

Hopefully Rowand learned how to hit a slider in his travels, or he will be exposed like he was in the 2nd half of 05.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
lol thats the qoute of the day because its pretty much true. Many White Sox fans have wanted Rowand back since May and we have been talking about getting him back ever since. You have to admit, he may not be the the most talented, or even a better athlete than than Anderson, but he works his ass off and White Sox fans appreciate that. He loves the White Sox and loves White Sox fans. How can you not miss a guy like him?? Getting Rowand back won't neccessarily garuntee us a division title, but it does garuntee us that our defense will be pretty solid out in CF and RF. Getting Rowand back may also help Pods game, Rowand helped Pods defense when he was here and Pods helped Rowands base running. Im all for getting Rowand back.

No wonder Rowand's SB% dipped below 75% last season, I had no idea he was taking baserunning tips from the worst baserunning "speed guy" in the league.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 10:45 AM)
If it costs us anything worth a damn, no, not worth it.

I concur, although if we have idweas of moving BA as a part of a bigger deal and need a stop gap guyI certainly wouldn't mind AR - as long as the cost is minimal.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
Is it just me or do other people think Brian Anderson could out-produce Aaron Rowand with the bat next season?

i thought he would last year. one would think he could hit .250 and 15 which wouldn't be much different than rowand. but baseball is a funny game. you never know WTF is going to happen.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 09:15 AM)
Many seem to. I'm not convinced.

I expect to see BA put up similar numbers to what he did in the 2nd half of 2006, with a bit more power, and hopefully a cut down on the K's a little.

The main issue I have with Rowand is the amount of times he K's at the plate, and yeah I know people will argue he's a clutch hitter and everything, but to me he's never been the same since that 2004 (think it was that or 05) season he had.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
I expect to see BA put up similar numbers to what he did in the 2nd half of 2006, with a bit more power, and hopefully a cut down on the K's a little.

The main issue I have with Rowand is the amount of times he K's at the plate, and yeah I know people will argue he's a clutch hitter and everything, but to me he's never been the same since that 2004 (think it was that or 05) season he had.

If BA can put up his 2nd half numbers plus some power and cut the K's, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 12:01 PM)
Levine has mentioned Rowand's name every monday morning for the past 3 months, this is nothing new. I'm starting to think he's just throwing this out there once every couple days as pure speculation in order to keep Sox fans listening to his updates since most still love Aaron.

Either that, or there is a small movement on the medias part to get him back in a SOX uniform.

Too bad we had to give up Aaron in the first place.

Anderson wasn't ready and it cost us dearly.

I don't know why we had to trade him instead of "prospects" like the Yankees

always used to do in deals.

Lesson learned: Don't trade a guy unless you can replace him.

You may hate Rowand, but his absence left a huge hole to fill.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 05:06 PM)

The large amount of money that they sent back so we could afford Thome, was the reason that Rowand went. Thome is getting paid a lot more than we are paying him I hope you realize.

Huge hole, come on now. How is our CF hitting in the low 200s a huge hole, yet our SS can do it and he is considered okay.

We lost last year because our pitching sucked, and our offense decided to play Saturday beer league softball in the 2nd half. If one of those was fixed we would of won the division.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
The large amount of money that they sent back so we could afford Thome, was the reason that Rowand went. Thome is getting paid a lot more than we are paying him I hope you realize.

Huge hole, come on now. How is our CF hitting in the low 200s a huge hole, yet our SS can do it and he is considered okay.

We lost last year because our pitching sucked, and our offense decided to play Saturday beer league softball in the 2nd half. If one of those was fixed we would of won the division.

Pretty much sums it up right there.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 05:06 PM)

The 2006 combo of Anderson/Thome/Mackowiak (when playing CF) beats the 2005 combo of Rowand/Everett/Thomas in every offensive statistical category aside from having 26 more RBI in about 150 more at bats. Oh yeah, also Rowand got hit by a pitch more often than those 3 in 2006 combined. Thome, meanwhile, had more walks in 610 plate appearances (107) than Rowand/Everett/Thomas in 1311 plate appearances (90). Also A/T/M had .845 OPS compared to .754 for R/E/T.

Edited by Vance Law

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
If this is so why did Mackowiack play a ton of CF last year? BA will one day be better than Rowand, but as of right now he is not.

The same reason Timo Perez was a DH, a 1st baseman, and our first option from the bench in 05.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
If this is so why did Mackowiack play a ton of CF last year? BA will one day be better than Rowand, but as of right now he is not.

Because Brian Anderson is a dirty communist, and right handers will strike out 100% of the time when facing rihgt handers and hit home runs 100% of the time against left handers.

Putting this in here;

There were strong indications last night that the Phils were looking to get a starter from the Chicago White Sox, who have depth in their rotation and could be looking to reacquire outfielder Aaron Rowand.

The Phils are not actively looking to deal Rowand, but Shane Victorino's emergence in center field late last season has them believing they could get value for Rowand or a package that included him.

The White Sox are said to be willing to trade Freddy Garcia, Mark Buehrle or Javier Vazquez. The Rangers also like Rowand, but sources say they don't have the pitching the Phils would require in such a deal. Colorado, which may deal righthander Jason Jennings, is another possibility. The Phils also remain interested in free-agent righthander Miguel Batista, who wants to start. General manager Pat Gillick said the team is not pursuing Barry Zito, the top starter on the market. Zito is looking for at least a six-year deal.

I hope we're seriously not considering a Rowand and Castro for Garcia type of deal here.

Rotoworld:

According to MLB.com, Aaron Rowand was linked with Texas in a deal for a combination of pitchers Joaquin Benoit, Josh Rupe and Ron Mahay.

Rowand should also be of interest to the White Sox. The Phillies could also consider moving Jon Lieber if they're able to find another starting pitcher elsewhere, and Lieber was mentioned in connection with the Rangers back at the trade deadline.

I've closed this thread since we have had a different Arow rumor pop up and figure its nice to have a seperate thread for that for the time being. Eventually I'll reopen it and bring that other thread in with this one if that rumor quiets down.