AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that did remind me of a 2005 win.

Vazquez has got to be player of the game. Nice work by the bullpen too, and good bullpen management by Guillen.

Podsednik's stolen base threat and speed equal a nice insurance run. I think I'm going to like Erstad.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 05:48 PM)
Just an outstanding win. There have been some of us hyping up Vaz all off-season, and it was great to see him take the mound and back it up. Wite would be proud. :P I know I am. :)

Lets squeak out a win tomorrow. I will be there cheering them on.

you bet your ass I am

I want to see it for an extended period of time, but that is exactly what that man is capable of.

What a terrible game by Javy... 4 walks, 1 hit-batsman, 1 hit??? That is pitiful! He couldn't even go all 7! Well, I guess the 0 runs was good, but still!

[/sarcasm]

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 05:56 PM)
How'd Sisco look?

Made Cirrilo his little biotch.

Edited by BearSox

today made me feel so good about our pitching. Vazquez was so great, and then everyone that came in from the bullpen was filthy. Come onnnnnn Danks. If buerhle can come around and garland can be dec. And count is decent, i think we could be in okay shape. We made morneau look awful today...we, i am a part of the team.

very nice game, and i agree very 2005ish. way to go Javy, Pods, Erstad, Juan and Paulie.

I still wish in situations like the 8th today Joe and AJ would just make contact and try to get a single instead of trying to hit the hr every time...

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 05:06 PM)
Danks is going to pwn Santana... we will see who the real dominate lefty in the AL Central is! :D

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to pick-up my dog's crap...

It's Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader. Go Danks!

Vazquez was great. A little shaky early, screwing around with 0-2 counts, but was really good. Of course it was so cold, not exactly hitting weather. Silva was putting zeros on the board as well. But you can't take away giving up 1 hit and no runs. I hope he can keep it up . I'm not ready to call him a Cy Young contender yet.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 05:12 PM)
Game only would have been better if Pods took out Mauer at home. :cheers

I'm just happy the umpire called him safe.

That play did turn the whole game around. Pods was picked off second but luckily the pitcher threw the ball into CF. Then, he was called safe at home on a very close play in which he may not have touched the plate. Let's hope things continue to go the Sox' way from now on! :cheers