MARK BUEHRLE HAS PITCHED A NO-HITTER!

ShoeLessRob

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)
skip it, like a normal american :P

I would, but I've done that too much lately...perhaps I'll just leave early.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 09:59 PM)
I missed it because of class. Just saw it'll be replayed at 11:30 tonight as well.

YES!

Just imagine if the umpire called Jerry Hairston safe rather than out, which he could have easily done so since it was such a bang-bang play... we would probably be cursing a loss right now!

And nothing to take away from Buehrle, but the Rangers hitters really did help him out, especially late in the game. It seemed like they got a case of the White Sox, and tried to pull every pitch for a homer. If they were smart, they woulda have bunted a few times, and stepped out of the box to try and get Buehrle out of his rhythm.

Also, no joke, I had a dream about going to todays game last night. It wasn't about Buehrle's no hitter, but it was kinda weird because I usually never remember my dreams, and it was some sort of strange dream where I got free tickets and got there in like VIP seats and stuff.

Also, I was recording today's game so I could watch lost at 9, but I thought about stopping the recording a couple of times before we knew Buehrle had a legit chance at it, but I didn't. Now, I get to tape the LIVE game to DVD tommorow!

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 10:07 PM)
Also, I was recording today's game so I could watch lost at 9, but I thought about stopping the recording a couple of times before we knew Buehrle had a legit chance at it, but I didn't. Now, I get to tape the LIVE game to DVD tommorow!

I might just have to buy a copy from you.

QUOTE(bardsroom attendant @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 10:12 PM)
Also, can we say it now...there was no reason for Buehrls not to be starting on Opening Day...I know it's a minor thing...hell, maybe it spurred him on a bit. That and the hit on the forearm in Oakland. Maybe the best things that could have happened to him.

This is revisionist history. Marks last year stats, pretty much people wanted to know if he was figured out. So saying he should of started game one, outside of just the fact that he started opening day all the time. There was no stats based decision on why he should.

$$$$$ is Marks motivation. That and pride.

Not some forearm shiver by a baseball.

Holy turds!

I saw the first inning and then had to leave and didn't see the rest of the game.

When Buehrle breezed through the 1st I thought, "I bet he's gonna pitch a really good game. " Remember back when you'd expect Mark to pitch great every time out? I had that feeling. I certainly didn't expect anything like this, though.

Wow!