White Sox vs. Royals, 4/24/07 (W)

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:15 AM)
He's had the very same mechanics since the start of last year. Same approach. Same awkward lean/bend.

Just a bad hitter. That's why I say, if he goes anywhere, I'll bet he's as bad as here except for Texas.

Send him down.

He looked great against King Felix in 2005. However, I've always wondered how he's ever hit at any level. He has an atrocious swing. Time for Javy to let KC stretch out their lead again. This might be the worst fastball he's had in his Sox career.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:15 PM)
He's had the very same mechanics since the start of last year. Same approach. Same awkward lean/bend.

Just a bad hitter. That's why I say, if he goes anywhere, I'll bet he's as bad as here except for Texas.

Send him down.

That's where our boy Walker may want to come in.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)
He looked great against King Felix in 2005. However, I've always wondered how he's ever hit at any level. He has an atrocious swing. Time for Javy to let KC stretch out their lead again. This might be the worst fastball he's had in his Sox career.

He's thrown some at 92-93. I think it's more a matter of location...he's already thrown 67 pitches, he's obviously struggling out there, but at least he kept the runner at 2nd that pitch.

DON'T LET UP AGAINST DEJESUS. Get out of this inning and let's get the lead back.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)
That's where our boy Walker may want to come in.

Walker is garbage.

Please. He had two homeruns off of Felix in one lucky game. I'll bet he'd get Aced twenty times in a row if he saw him again.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)
I've always wondered how he's ever hit at any level. He has an atrocious swing.

Me too. I'm kinda surprised he was successful with that swing in the minors. Can those who watched him in the minors shed some light?

His plate approach and mechanics has been my gripe and reason for seriously wondering if he can be a productive major league hitter.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:19 PM)
Walker is garbage.

Please. He had two homeruns off of Felix in one lucky game. I'll bet he'd get Aced twenty times in a row if he saw him again.

I would have put that in green if I knew how. Forgive me...I'm a mac user.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:19 AM)
Walker is garbage.

That's exactly what I'm saying....it seems like just a fluke right now. I'll just chalk it up to the mystique of 2005.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:19 PM)
Me too. I'm kinda surprised he was successful with that swing in the minors. Can those who watched him in the minors shed some light?

His plate approach and mechanics has been my gripe and reason for seriously wondering if he can be a productive major league hitter.

There is a slight difference in the control of minor leaguers and major leaguers. With a long looping swing, you can get away with it in the minors as people will make mistakes over the plate more. People are working more on stuff more than results. In the majors even the crappiest pitcher can throw low and away. And when you have a long looping swing, low and away might as well be a golf ball at 100 mph.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:19 AM)

I was always told he had a massive hole in his swing when he was in the minors.