That's a White Sox loser

ShoeLessRob

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
Not only have I not seen a Sox team this bad, I've never seen one close to this bad. And that's in a 15 year span. This also might be as bad as I've ever seen our minor league system. And yet people still defend KW, why? We are in a legit position to finish in 5th place.

I vaguely remember the Sox being pretty darn bad back in what, 89? Where Thigpen saved like every win?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 05:53 PM)
Not only have I not seen a Sox team this bad, I've never seen one close to this bad. And that's in a 15 year span. This also might be as bad as I've ever seen our minor league system. And yet people still defend KW, why? We are in a legit position to finish in 5th place.

First, maybe after you've watched a few more years of baseball you'll know why...

But since we don't have that time...As a GM he has never had a losing season and he has a World Championship ring. He deserves the chance to turn the team around for next year.

THATS WHY!!!!!

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First, maybe after you've watched a few more years of baseball you'll know why...

But since we don't have that time...As a GM he has never had a losing season and he has a World Championship ring. He deserves the chance to turn the team around for next year.

THATS WHY!!!!!

Yes I agree with you although this season has been a huge wake up call for him. He grossly miscalculated on this young bullpen, even though it is quite fair to say bullpen miscalculations are very common among general managers. But this bullpen is unbelievably lousy.

Now that the scouting director is out the door he is placing more onus upon himself. Which is the way it should be. He and Shaffer have never really gotten along from what I have been told. It is common for a GM to want his own people and Shaffer was a long time Sox guy, tight with Schueler.

He better hope his pro scouts are better at identifying talent than Shaffer at amateur talent.

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 06:18 PM)
He and Shaffer have never really gotten along from what I have been told. It is common for a GM to want his own people and Shaffer was a long time Sox guy, tight with Schueler.

If this is true, one has to wonder why KW did not make this move sooner. It is not as though KW is above hurting feelings.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 06:00 PM)
Maybe I'll have to adopt the Brewers as my favorite team for the rest of this season. :cheers

I have Utley, Rowand, and Victorino on my fantasy team. So they are my national league team for the rest of this year.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 11:22 PM)
If this is true, one has to wonder why KW did not make this move sooner. It is not as though KW is above hurting feelings.

Hard to justify changes when things are going well.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 06:03 PM)
I vaguely remember the Sox being pretty darn bad back in what, 89? Where Thigpen saved like every win?

That was 1990 and I was 4 so I don't go back that far. As for KW, I'd say give him a chance he has a ring, but one problem. This is going to take at least a few years to fix, and I don't trust him to fix this organization with a grassroots campaign based on what our minor league system has been under his guidance.

I just got back from the game and can tell you Dye is about a millimeter from having to go on the DL. Those looking for a big return on a trade for him are going to be dissapointed I believe. Nick Masset is just not very good. He needs to go to the minors and show he can get people out. I think we are not very far from seeing bags on heads at games. People were actually laughing at the Pride and Passion things they put on the pre game video.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 11:43 PM)
I just got back from the game and can tell you Dye is about a millimeter from having to go on the DL. Those looking for a big return on a trade for him are going to be dissapointed I believe. Nick Masset is just not very good. He needs to go to the minors and show he can get people out. I think we are not very far from seeing bags on heads at games. People were actually laughing at the Pride and Passion things they put on the pre game video.

You're not getting anything more than two B level prospects right now for Dye. I also think him saying how close he is to going on the DL is a little payback for the Sox brass b****ing about him not demanding that he stays with the Sox.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 11:45 PM)
It sucks our organization where it HAS to trade Buehrle for the sake of having any chance in the future isn't it?

Like I said during the game thread, I fear the idea that the Sox will sign Rowand this offseason with the mindset that it will take off some of the heat from the fans for letting Buehrle and Dye leave.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 06:44 PM)
You're not getting anything more than two B level prospects right now for Dye. I also think him saying how close he is to going on the DL is a little payback for the Sox brass b****ing about him not demanding that he stays with the Sox.

His leg was really bothering him when he rolled into that DP. Harold was talking to him for a second. I was absolutely shocked he remained in the game. I thought for sure we would see Andy Gonzalez again. There are too many poor major leaguers on the White Sox roster. More now then I can remember in a long time.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 06:46 PM)
Like I said during the game thread, I fear the idea that the Sox will sign Rowand this offseason with the mindset that it will take off some of the heat from the fans for letting Buehrle and Dye leave.

An organization that ever makes any moves with the approval of their fanbase in mind is a lock to fail. 100 percent lock.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 06:48 PM)
An organization that ever makes any moves with the approval of their fanbase in mind is a lock to fail. 100 percent lock.

You're right. The old saying is you base personnel moves on what your fans want, you'll wind up sitting with them. However, I think they've wanted to bring Rowand back all along.

Highlight of the game: Erstad's catch in the first.

Oops ... he gets hurt on the play. Just as well he would have not had a hit off Zambastard, either.

Nice hustle, though. I appreciate the effort from Erstad, who should have been our fourth

outfielder this year. He'd have been better in that role than Mack, who also can't hit.

That was one great catch, though. Nice grab Mr. Erstad, good hustle on the play as well.

That said, this team is disgracefully bad.

I don't see how the Sox are going to avoid having the worst record in baseball by the end

of the season.

There is no possible recipe for success.

Paulie and Thome can't hit home runs this season, and even if they start to, there will be nobody on base for

those blasts to be anything but one-run shots.

Dye appears next for the DL.

AJ is having his first bad season as a member of the Sox and doesn't figure to start hitting.

Iguchi appears lost; Uribe can't hit.

And even if our very effective starting pitchers continue to pitch well, our bullpen will be unable to hold

any 1-2 run lead.

We're all being paid back by the baseball gods for the joy of October two years ago.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 05:49 PM)
Just bring up Anderson and Sweeney and let em play with Fields.

I certainly could go for that. We couldn't do any worse and we'd perhaps help the future.

But to do that, Ken Williams needs to have a sit down with his manager and say "patience with the young hitters my man; and keep thy ego in check".

Williams needs to make the personnel decisions. Input from the manager - sure, like the input of 04 and 05 - not of 06 and 07. Williams built one world champion...he can do it again.

I just can't believe how much our standards have dropped. Terrero is hitting .230 and he needs to play more. Josh Fields is hitting .250 and striking out almost half the time he bats and we look forward to seeing him. Sisco and Masset are about as bad as you can be and we want them to go down to the minors to work on being starting pitchers. It is truely amazing how the talent level has dropped off on the major league roster, and the best they can do when they need help in the minors are guys like Prinz and Bukvich. Right now, if you look 3,4,5 years into the future, its only looking scarier.

One step closer to a fire sale. Works for me.

Why does a firesale work for you?

You really think trading 5-6 of these underachievers are going to bring difference

makers this time of year?

Because I'm out of town I've only watched a few Sox games on WGN this season. I must say, it's one thing to read about how bad this team is and it's a TOTALLY different thing to actually see it. This team is dead right now, worse than all of the 'corpseball' of 2001-2004 teams. Boring, lackadaisical, unmotivated, pathetic and embarassing.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 11:44 PM)
Because I'm out of town I've only watched a few Sox games on WGN this season. I must say, it's one thing to read about how bad this team is and it's a TOTALLY different thing to actually see it. This team is dead right now, worse than all of the 'corpseball' of 2001-2004 teams. Boring, lackadaisical, unmotivated, pathetic and embarassing.

Welcome to fecalball.