Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 15, 2008 -> 03:47 PM)
I have to admit I want to watch the "Zohan" flick with Sandler after seeing the full trailer.

I cannot stand Sandler. I'd rather watch an entire film about Ewoks than see him on screen.

One small exception - The Wedding Singer was a fun movie, despite his presence in it. Well written, good side characters.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 15, 2008 -> 04:33 PM)
I cannot stand Sandler. I'd rather watch an entire film about Ewoks than see him on screen.

One small exception - The Wedding Singer was a fun movie, despite his presence in it. Well written, good side characters.

You have to see the full trailer. I'm not a big fan of his either but this actually looks funny.

So, I just watched "The Girl Next Door," the one based on Jack Ketchums novel, not the one with Emile Hirsch. Wow, the fact thats a true story is mind boggling. Based on some reading I did before seeing there were some things left out but just the idea of this happening is pretty crazy.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 14, 2008 -> 11:07 PM)
I just watched it the other night as well, and similarly, I didn't think it was anything spectacular. It was pretty entertaining, nothing great.

I also watched Juno the other night, and I didn't think it was that good.. I wasn't really entertained by it

My friends were like dude, its funny.. and I stuck by my stance of I don't want to watch a movie about a teen girl dealing with a pregnancy and they said trust me, its good..

And it was exactly like I figured it would be, not very funny and about a subject that does not entertain me

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 15, 2008 -> 08:21 PM)
The trailer that played during the Superbowl was pretty good but after watching the extended trailer that came out a few weeks ago I think it's pretty obvious that Zohan will be awful.

More awful...

Zohan, or The Love Guru?

I finally watched A Scanner Darkly the other day. Pretty awesome movie. I was skeptical at first of the animation, but it really was perfect for the movie. I don't think they could have pulled it off if it had been live action.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 18, 2008 -> 08:43 AM)
More awful...

Zohan, or The Love Guru?

Love Guru cuz it has Mike Meyers who isn't funny. The only salvation it may have is Alba stars.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 18, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)
Hancock looks like it's going to be a pretty good movie.

I just like what I read about it where it says Hancock sleeps with the wife of the man that tries to help him. We need more superheroes like this.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 19, 2008 -> 07:11 AM)
Finally got around to watching Magnolia last night. The first hour or so was entertaining, but it really went downhill from there.

I think the lull is in the middle of the movie, then when it starts raining frogs it becomes interesting again

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 01:46 AM)
Baldwin's lines in the movie...pure gold.

Oh, absolutely. I think I was the only person in the theater laughing at those lines, but maybe thats b/c I watch Law & Order a lot and have a great appreciation for those "Jerry Orbach-like," cheesy one-liners. I thought it was great how they were making fun of them.

But yeah, after seeing FSM, I'd say it was better than Knocked Up but Superbad was slightly better than FSM. That said, they're all funny movies.

I just went from 6 to midnight...

Finally got around to watching Magnolia last night. The first hour or so was entertaining, but it really went downhill from there.

The game show stuff was entertaining.

Hostel II is one of the worst sequels ever made. I watched that horrible movie last night.