5/16 gamethread: Sox (20-20) vs Giants (17-25)

Sox r haz one 2 in row like zOMGZ!!!11!111!ELEVENTY

Seriously, Thome will be sitting, Konerko should be sitting, Swish should be at 1B and Anderson should be in CF...if that's as so, Gavin could have himself a day. If Konerko's at 1B and Swisher's in CF, Floyd better strike someone out every inning and not walk many because the defense won't be what it could be, especially in a bigass park.

WAIT, I R THAWHT SOX R TRADED 4 SANCHEZZ R.?

Yeah hit his punkass around for a bit please, cuz he's a f***s***b****

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 16, 2008 -> 04:09 AM)
Sox r haz one 2 in row like zOMGZ!!!11!111!ELEVENTY

Seriously, Thome will be sitting, Konerko should be sitting, Swish should be at 1B and Anderson should be in CF...if that's as so, Gavin could have himself a day. If Konerko's at 1B and Swisher's in CF, Floyd better strike someone out every inning and not walk many because the defense won't be what it could be, especially in a bigass park.

WAIT, I R THAWHT SOX R TRADED 4 SANCHEZZ R.?

Yeah hit his punkass around for a bit please, cuz he's a f***s***b****

WSF, I love it when you analyze

I definitely agree with Wite, we shouldn't see Konerko at all in this series and Thome maybe in a pinch hitting role. Swisher's versatility makes things a whole lot easier and after watching Anderson save 3 or 4 runs with his play in CF during the Seattle series I'd hope Ozzie would play him all 3 games in one of the biggest parks in baseball.

Cabrera, SS

Pierzynski, C

Quentin, RF

Dye, LF

Swisher, 1B

Crede, 3B

Anderson, CF

Ramirez, 2B

Floyd, P

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 16, 2008 -> 11:16 AM)
I definitely agree with Wite, we shouldn't see Konerko at all in this series and Thome maybe in a pinch hitting role. Swisher's versatility makes things a whole lot easier and after watching Anderson save 3 or 4 runs with his play in CF during the Seattle series I'd hope Ozzie would play him all 3 games in one of the biggest parks in baseball.

Cabrera, SS

Pierzynski, C

Quentin, RF

Dye, LF

Swisher, CF

Crede, 3B

Anderson, CF

Ramirez, 2B

Floyd, P

I'd say start with that lineup, and if it works the first game, sit Konerko the whole series.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 16, 2008 -> 11:30 AM)
Everyone wants Paulie to sit, so he probably will have a huge series. Remember when Ozzie was an idiot to have Thome bat against Sabathia?

I mainly want him to sit down because of the issues with his hand, let him rest a few days and hope it heals up a bit. You can't have a starting 1B with a giant puffy hand.

Remember when a bunch of people wanted Anderson to get a few starts in Seattle? He ended up playing a bit and made the most of the opportunity.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 16, 2008 -> 11:33 AM)
I mainly want him to sit down because of the issues with his hand, let him rest a few days and hope it heals up a bit. You can't have a starting 1B with a giant puffy hand.

When the have camera shots of you wincing with pain after getting jammed, and then you get your hand iced between innings. Its time to take a few days off and see if it gets better. Konerko is going to get fed a steady diet of inside pitches if his hand is still hurt.

He needs a few days rest, and if that doesnt fix it then make it a retroactive DL trip. We need him 100% from the health standpoint.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 16, 2008 -> 12:16 PM)

Cabrera, SS

Pierzynski, C

Quentin, RF

Dye, LF

Swisher, 1B

Crede, 3B

Anderson, CF

Ramirez, 2B

Floyd, P

fixed

I hope they do sit Konerko because:

(1) I'd rather have him rest against the Giants and play against the Tribe and Angels next week with a rested and healed arm.

(2) I'd hate to have this thing get worse and require a DL visit.

If they're going to rest him against anybody, who's better (on our schedule) than the Giants?

QUOTE (knightni @ May 16, 2008 -> 05:15 PM)
He's out with a bad case of "Slider Crave".

Actually he's out with a strained hamstring but that doesn't make your line any less cute. According to Mark Gonzales Alexei will get the start at 2B vs Sanchez.