The Dark Knight

knightni

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 22, 2008 -> 09:28 AM)
They must've been doing something illegal. He's a crimefighter - crimefighters fight crime. It's what they do.

Word on the street is his mom escaped from the Narrows and his sister was harboring her. Crime doesn't pay, eh Critic?

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jul 22, 2008 -> 10:44 AM)
Word on the street is his mom escaped from the Narrows and his sister was harboring her. Crime doesn't pay, eh Critic?

Bald Bryan on the Adam Carolla Show:

"Well, to be fair, they were dressed as the Riddler and Mr. Freeze."

:lol:

QUOTE (Soxy @ Jul 21, 2008 -> 10:01 AM)

I thought it was the knife blade from his shoe--He was wearing his original shoes and I figured that the cops just didn't check them for blades.

It wasn't a knife, but a piece of glass that Batman shattered with Joker's head during the interrogation.

f***in awesome.

The Joker character was just fantastic, that couldn't have been more perfect.

I'm with Tony on Two Face, I really never though he died, I got a feeling he'll be back.

The Joker definitely lied to Batman about where Dent and Rachel were cause that's pretty much what the Joker's whole plan was based around and he makes mention of that later.

Thank god Maggie is gone, she is freaking gross looking and I do mean gross.

And I agree about people overreacting to the plot holes, it's a freakin comic book movie, cmon now.

GOOFS

Continuity: During Batman's "interrogation" of the Joker, his hair changes between shots. While pressed up against the wall Joker's hair switches from running down his forehead in one shot and is combed aside in the next.

Continuity: Two-Face cocks his gun twice in the warehouse with Gordon and his family. Once when he first threatens him then again when he puts the gun to Gordon's wife.

Crew or equipment visible: In the scene where The Joker crawls out of the flipped semi, a crew member is visible just after The Joker stumbles over the wire. He can be seen running up to the cab as The Joker walks away. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/goofs

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 22, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)
f***in awesome.

And I agree about people overreacting to the plot holes, it's a freakin comic book movie, cmon now.

Ugh. Everyone who pointed out the holes liked the movie. We accept that it was a comic book movie. The problem is that people were calling it a masterpiece (read Kevin Smith) and Oscar worthy. Can't have it both ways. That is all.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 07:08 AM)
Ugh. Everyone who pointed out the holes liked the movie. We accept that it was a comic book movie. The problem is that people were calling it a masterpiece (read Kevin Smith) and Oscar worthy. Can't have it both ways. That is all.

Name me 5 other movies so far this year that are more worthy. I can think of one - Wall-E, and that's about it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 08:05 AM)
Name me 5 other movies so far this year that are more worthy. I can think of one - Wall-E, and that's about it.

Would you put the Dark Knight and Heath Ledger in the same caliber as There will be Blood and DDL?

Oh yeah, I've been wondering this.

Someone mentioned how did Gordon and the rest at the station didn't know Batman's identity after the interrogation by Batman. My question is, how would they know? Joker never knew who Batman was. And Joker never said a name in the interrogation room. Someone stated that was a hole in the story, but it isn't.

Can anyone elaborate on why they thought it was a hole?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 11:13 AM)
Would you put the Dark Knight and Heath Ledger in the same caliber as There will be Blood and DDL?

I didn't see those movies, but Dark Knight was a great movie, but not in the same boat as No Country for Old Men. That movie was truly a masterpiece, but it helps that it was a "different" movie, something you are not used to. Batman, superhereos, crime-dramas have been done so many times, although I will admit DK was as good as I have seen in the super heroes movie. I agree that is was an amazing movie, but not in the same class as NCFOM.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 11:16 AM)
Oh yeah, I've been wondering this.

Someone mentioned how did Gordon and the rest at the station didn't know Batman's identity after the interrogation by Batman. My question is, how would they know? Joker never knew who Batman was. And Joker never said a name in the interrogation room. Someone stated that was a hole in the story, but it isn't.

Can anyone elaborate on why they thought it was a hole?

I dont even worry about that stuff when watching a comic book movie. Normally you have to suspend a tremendous amount of disbelief, I think one of the greatest qualities of Christopher Nolan is that he minimizes that as much as possible. But at the same time, it is STILL a comic book movie.

I mean, if you really want to get into it,

who else in Gotham would be able to afford to be Batman and have the resources available to him besides Bruce Wayne?

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 10:24 AM)
I dont even worry about that stuff when watching a comic book movie. Normally you have to suspend a tremendous amount of disbelief, I think one of the greatest qualities of Christopher Nolan is that he minimizes that as much as possible. But at the same time, it is STILL a comic book movie.

I mean, if you really want to get into it,

who else in Gotham would be able to afford to be Batman and have the resources available to him besides Bruce Wayne?

Harvey Dent whom the Joker thought Batman was. Then again, Batman doesn't use anything that crazy if you think about it. I'm not saying some bum down the street can afford the stuff he has, but any rich guy can afford the toys Batman has. You could say, well how do you explain the development of the Batmobile, but that's not really a hole in The Dark Knight, more like the whole Batman series as a whole.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 10:13 AM)

Well that was last year right (last Oscars)? I think DDL was amazing, and better than Ledger, but TDK blew away TWBB.

As for No Country, that's a tough one. I guess I don't need to see TDK win the Oscar, but surely it needs to be nominated. I'd give the nod (if i were voting) to TDK though. As good as NC was, TDK has more mass appeal (in a good, non-poppy way).

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 10:42 AM)

Harvey Dent whom the Joker thought Batman was. Then again, Batman doesn't use anything that crazy if you think about it. I'm not saying some bum down the street can afford the stuff he has, but any rich guy can afford the toys Batman has. You could say, well how do you explain the development of the Batmobile, but that's not really a hole in The Dark Knight, more like the whole Batman series as a whole.

And thats what i am saying,

Bruce Wayne is the premiere playboy in Gotham, and has access to goverment projects and all kinds of neat things, and nobody ever looks in his direction aside from the occassional criminal who really wants to bring him down and starts to connect the dots. And I am not saying its a hole either, you are absolutely correct in that its a part of the Batman series in a nutshell. I just choose not to question it because after all, it is a comic book movie and should be treated as such despite a very real setting

It's just funny to me, people in this thread are willing to believe that this billionaire playboy is so superiorly trained to everyone in the world that he can defeat mobs at once, dress up as a bat and show up all over the city at the right moment, but get in a tizzy over how the barrels got in the barges?

The Dark Knight was more believable than no country for old men.

The Dark Knight and WALL-E were much better than no country for old men and There Will Be Blood, which I liked, along with the other movies that were nominated for best picture last year, in my opinion. That's why I can't see why it would be so hard to consider The Dark Knight and WALL-E as "oscar-worthy."

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 12:47 PM)
You can't be serious. That bold was supposed to be green, I assume.

Definitely more believable, and I don't mean realistic. Less "you gotta be kidding me" moments when considering what the movies are.

I was just left shaking my head when the bag is thrown over the fence by the border into a seemingly impossible to find spot yet is immediately found. Too huge of a coincidence to find that darn bag so easily as it was put in a pretty random spot. It was hard to believe how the killer, what's-his-face, always would easily end up where that guy was hiding. He's found way too easily across the border in the hospital. Then there's some random shot of the killer in the motel out of nowhere that didn't really make any sense. And then the sopranos-like ending was lame...