Positive Paulie Thread

RockRaines

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want him to go up to the plate and swing as hard as he can on 3 pitches, and if he misses all of them, he sits down. I'm sick of this s*** he's doing at the plate by trying to guide it to right field. He ends up fouling off very hittable pitches.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 02:26 AM)
Hoping to bring good karma to Paulie's bat and get his head out of his ass!!!

We will have to carry the Karma thing over to Tuesday night. 0-4 with a GIDP and a K wasn't positive. Bur, I am with you for Tuesday if we want to try again with the Karma stuff? :gosoxretro:

We can not survive with Paul as our full time 1st baseman.

We also cannot survive with our starters pitching like this, with Swisher sucking at the plate and playing a very mediocre D in center field, with OC not playing like he did when we were red hot. Paulie may suck but he's not the only one of late. Personally I'd bat him eighth.

c'mon Paulie, This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 09:46 PM)
c'mon Paulie, break a leg, no I mean literally break a leg so Swisher can replace you full time............

One thing to wish for a player to be replaced. It another to wish physical harm to a player.

Stay Classy.

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 09:46 PM)
c'mon Paulie, break a leg, no I mean literally break a leg so Swisher can replace you full time............

That's real nice. Karma will get you. What is it about Swisher's .226 average that excites you so much? Its only .013 better than Paulie. That's a little more than 1 more hit per 100 AB.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 10:11 PM)
That's real nice. Karma will get you. What is it about Swisher's .226 average that excites you so much? Its only .013 better than Paulie. That's a little more than 1 more hit per 100 AB.

Dick Allen is right and wrong. He is right that Swisher is just as useless. He is wrong to keep defending Konerko. PK and Swish are the worst back to back combo in baseball.

We need a change and now!!!

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 11:35 PM)
Dick Allen is right and wrong. He is right that Swisher is just as useless. He is wrong to keep defending Konerko. PK and Swish are the worst back to back combo in baseball.

We need a change and now!!!

With terrible offense and defense from Konerko and with terrible offense from Swisher, can we continue to win??

Swisher and Konerko have both been awful but at least Swisher has put together a decent month making you think he's got a pulse. Swisher has been more disappointing though because he was supposed to be one of our core guys for the future. Q's been a revelation but we still have very few quality players under 30 (Q, Jenks, Alexei, Buehrle, Danks, and Floyd).

Anyway, going back to Konerko, this made me chuckle (from Mark Gonzalez's mailbag):

It seems like Paul Konerko has lost a lot of weight this year. Am I imagining this? If I'm not, is it intentional, or is he ill? --Sox Sider, Chicago

I asked him about this three weeks ago, and he said he hadn't noticed. I'm as curious as you are.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...1,5299442.story

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 04:04 AM)
We also cannot survive with our starters pitching like this, with Swisher sucking at the plate and playing a very mediocre D in center field, with OC not playing like he did when we were red hot. Paulie may suck but he's not the only one of late. Personally I'd bat him eighth.

Nail on the head with that one. We can't win having to come from behind every game and pitchers giving up 5 plus runs a game. But, it will get better I do believe

We need a change and now!!

I know that paulie is the captain of our team Swish is suppose to bring team spirit into the sox dugout.. Now with paulie in a slump and Swish not hitting and a manager and general manager who can't inspire or make changes . We might just have to content ourselves with third place in our division just ahead of cleveland.