9/23 - Sox @ Min - 7:10 PM CDT - WCIU

knightni

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 09:54 PM)
He's one of our leaders.

Meanwhile, they show a clip from the clincher in 1983, where the Sox score the winning run on a sacrifice fly. And that's the last time the Sox got a man home from 3rd with less than 2 out.

LOL +8

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 02:55 AM)
JD has his head so far up his ass right now. It looks like he would rather be anyplace else except on the field.

I wonder if he's going through personal issues right now. DJ kinda alluded to it earlier, and I heard something along those lines a few weeks ago.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:53 PM)
Give me your opinion...how can Ozzie save face with Javy now?

Considering Javy s*** his pants yet again, I don't think he has to save face, and frankly if Javy has a problem, I hope it enhances the chances of him being dealt. He's pretty much proven he is a below average to average pitcher on good teams, and unless the Sox plan to re-create 2007 the next couple years, he's a collosal waste of money.

After not even competing in this game, it's a two game series. Scott Baker 6 STRONG as expected and will probably go through this lineup easily for 2 more innings, saving the Twins BP. Expect more of the same NO MATTER WHO they throw out there tomorrow.

Now, who believes the Whitesox can split a two game series in the dome WHEN THE GAMES COUNT?

I don't. Season over.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:56 PM)
The pitcher going tomorrow has a case of the Dome boogeymen as well. And to think he questioned Floyd's mental toughness.

Buehrle has nuts, but he's not a guy who would flourish in the Dome -- puts it in play a lot, and on the ground.

There are 2 guys on this staff who are good match for the Dome, if they're on -- one is Floyd and other was on target to start here until the manager and pitching coach juggled the rotation. He's now thrown 2 straight shutouts, he has sack, and he knows how to pitch. He's also not pitching, by design, in our biggest series of the year. John Danks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
The crowd will be very ugly if we blow the title. Only good thing is Mariotti isn't around to write the carnage. I'm still hopeful we can get one this series. Not holding my breath, though.

It appears the carnage is here without Mariotti

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:59 PM)
After not even competing in this game, it's a two game series. Scott Baker 6 STRONG as expected and will probably go through this lineup easily for 2 more innings, saving the Twins BP. Expect more of the same NO MATTER WHO they throw out there tomorrow.

Now, who believes the Whitesox can split a two game series in the dome WHEN THE GAMES COUNT?

I don't. Season over.

And you are . . . .?

Why the hell not. All the games count.