"Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Chicago Cubs NLDS"

Brian

I remember B & B acting as if there was no way the Cubs could lose to Arizona last year. Even after they lost game 1, they were saying the one team that absolutely had to win the game were the D-backs because they had no pitching after Brandon Webb. lol. And that the Cubs would pretty much win the next three games to win the series.

Edited by Jordan4life

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cubs aren entirely out of this though people. Harden holds a very decisive edge in the next game. Then I think its Lilly vs Lowe, Lowe could easily give up more runs than he did last game. At that point its 2/2 and I think they pitch Zambrano in game 5, and he still could shut them down. This isnt over yet by a long shot.

Wouldn't go that far@rock. One, Hiroki Kuroda has pitched very well the last two months (era of 2.29 and 2.96 in August and Septemer), two, he's owned the Cubs this year to the tune of 1 ER allowed in over 15 innings pitched this year. Three, they're the Cubs. They just can't handle the October pressure. The Dodgers are on a roll right now. I'd be very surprised if this series got to game 4. And even then, they'd have to face argubly the hottest pitcher in baseball in Derek Lowe.

Rafael Furcal and Manny Ramirez are in the Scott Boras post season Carlos Beltran free agent showcase. They are scary.

Joe Torre is an equalizer like none other, I do not know why but he is.

Rich Harden was hitting 85 on the gun with his fastball in New York last week. Lilly's role for this series is to back up Hardan and Zambrano if they are not healthy.

The cubs are constructed to shut out bad hitting teams and pound bad pitching. They are made to win a lot of games in the NL.

As for the playoffs, who knows.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 06:57 AM)
That's why I can't stand the Score. They just insult any listener who dares to disagree with them. At least over on ESPN they usually will make their argument as to why they're wrong instead of just hanging up on the guy and then ripping him.

That's Bernstein's MO, he went to Duke and you didn't!!! The show is funny at times, my sister's father-in-law knows Boers personally, and he says it's basically an act, but I have no idea if Bernstein is an act or not. I said it before, Bernstein showed his cards when he turned down going to WLS to co-host with Roe Cahn (sp?). He couldn't pull the smartest man in the room act and bully callers like he does.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:55 AM)
Rafael Furcal and Manny Ramirez are in the Scott Boras post season Carlos Beltran free agent showcase. They are scary.

Joe Torre is an equalizer like none other, I do not know why but he is.

Rich Harden was hitting 85 on the gun with his fastball in New York last week. Lilly's role for this series is to back up Hardan and Zambrano if they are not healthy.

The cubs are constructed to shut out bad hitting teams and pound bad pitching. They are made to win a lot of games in the NL.

As for the playoffs, who knows.

The Yankees will sign Manny. They'll add a few years that no other team will want to match and just eat it on the downside of his career.

The sentence I bolded is right on the money, good post.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 12:00 AM)
"I don't wanna hear about Fukudome anymore, whether he's gonna play or not. I'm gonna run Theriot or somebody from now on and that's the end of that."

*Gets up and leaves*

LOL, Lou.

Ha, only what people were saying FOREVER.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:12 AM)
The Cubs aren entirely out of this though people. Harden holds a very decisive edge in the next game. Then I think its Lilly vs Lowe, Lowe could easily give up more runs than he did last game. At that point its 2/2 and I think they pitch Zambrano in game 5, and he still could shut them down. This isnt over yet by a long shot.

I would agree with this if talent was the only variable.

The Cubs' organization is so far in its own head about the 100 years and all that crap that I think they're in full freakout mode right now.

GOATS AND BLACK CATS AND ROGUE FANS AND HAUNTED BASEBALLS.....AAAAGGGHHHH!!!!

I am stunned and so very sad for Cub fans everywhere. They are clearly the best team in baseball and to lose like that, is just terrible.

In their honor, I will use blue to denote sarcasm while they are still mathematically alive in the playoffs.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 10:31 AM)
I would agree with this if talent was the only variable.

The Cubs' organization is so far in its own head about the 100 years and all that crap that I think they're in full freakout mode right now.

GOATS AND BLACK CATS AND ROGUE FANS AND HAUNTED BASEBALLS.....AAAAGGGHHHH!!!!

I really think that if the Dodgers can get an early lead in Game 3 the Cubs will fold.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:37 AM)
I really think that if the Dodgers can get an early lead in Game 3 the Cubs will fold.

I tend to agree with this.

Grabbing the lead is critical for the Cubs - if the Dodgers put an early hurt on Harden, forget it, here comes Year 101.

QUOTE (zimne piwo @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 05:22 AM)
I love watching them wear watermelons on their head. :D

Seriously, what is that supposed to signify, that Cub fans have soft, red mush for brains?

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 09:39 AM)
I wonder if Cub fans still think its their year???

They never specify what "IT" is when they say "IT'S GONNA HAPPEN!"

IT could be another playoff disappointment

IT could be another first-round sweep

IT could be a massive hangover after a night of misery drinking

If I were a Cub fan this is would be the straw that broke the camels back.I couldnt continue on rooting for this team after this year.I could see how they would think all year if not this year when?With the way they were rolling over all the NL for them to get swept in the first round is beyond embarrassing.I dont see how they could stick with those losers,its just to torture themselves I guess.

When you think about how sh*tty it's been trying to watch the Sox this year with how inconsistent our offense was, just put yourself in a Cubs fan's shoes and think about how sh*tty they've been for 101 years, now.

or simply all the positivity for them this year, then to go down 0-2.. ouch

So, the conditions for this game aren't shaping up to be that great, it's currently in the mid to low 60's and it's been misting/raining on and off for the last hour or two. They'll get the game in but if it stays like this it's enough to make it unpleasant.