GameThread: White Sox(27-31) vs Tigers(31-26) 7:11 CSN+

Kyyle23

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
Getz

Anderson

Nix

Fields

Linebrink

Wise

If I woke up tomorrow and these guys were gone I would be a very happy man

Agree 100%

Unfortunately Ozzie thinks bench players should split playing time at 50% with everyday players

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:30 PM)
Getz

Anderson

Nix

Fields

Linebrink

Wise

If I woke up tomorrow and these guys were gone I would be a very happy man

One of those guys hit a two-run homer tonight. I'm fine with BA, Nix, Fields and Brinkey staying. I think the door is rapidly closing on Chris Getz. .

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:28 PM)
I think it's a damn good idea to throw him in there, actually. However, as a fan, I still want to see the team succeed. And Beckham just isn't really an upgrade right now at 3B offensively. Stick him at 2B and let him platoon with Nix while Fields rots and raises (or lowers) his trade value.

Beckham puts the ball in play quite a bit more than Fields. And please don't even compare the defense. Its not even close. So Beckham at this point is an upgrade. And Fields is not going to upgrade his value in any time unless he becomes babe ruth. The scouts know he cant hit a 90+ fastball. And so do the GMs for the other teams. They are not going to give us anything of value. This is a transition year. If we win the division because of the crappyness of it, gravy. I do not however, want to do anything to mess up the long term success of this team by jacking with Beckham. He is up, and he needs to play everyday. He doesn't need a platoon with Nix, who cant hit himself. He needs ABs and time.

I want a constant winner, and I am hoping that is what we are building.

5.5 games out.

If we lose tomorrow, and it's highly likely with Verlander pitching well and Danks struggling, then it should be time to seriously consider looking forward to next year and beyond.

And yes, I realize we have done well against him in the past.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Today was a prime example of why we need to send a pitcher down and call up a lefty for the bench. There's no reason to have 3 lefties in your bullpen. I feel sorry for Ozzie that he had to use Getz to try and hit a 3 run homer.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
One of those guys hit a two-run homer tonight. I'm fine with BA, Nix, Fields and Brinkey staying. I think the door is rapidly closing on Chris Getz. .

I'm not. How often can you count on BA hitting a homer? How often can you count on BA GETTING A HIT? I look up and down the rosters of the red sox and other teams and see everyone hitting close to .300 and it just sickens me.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:34 AM)
5.5 games out.

If we lose tomorrow, and it's highly likely with Verlander pitching well and Danks struggling, then it should be time to seriously consider looking forward to next year and beyond.

We aren't already? We just DL'd Colon with a fake injury so we could promote Poreda. That's a pretty good sign of things to come. Let's just make sure our two best trade chips are fine (Jenks and Dye).

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)
I still think Kenny will let this team compete till the end of June.

Unless we're out 10 sooner than that.

Danks vs Verlander

Floyd vs Jackson

Two huge games coming up.

If we lose those two we're 7.5 out.

It's not 10, but it's far enough to know that we're not good enough to compete in even a s***ty division.

Now Linebrink stinks? Our bullpen is Jeckyll-Hyding again like last year.

What a f***ing freak team we have.

Getting the potential winning run thrown out at the plate SUCKS also.

Tough loss in a tough season so far.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
Today was a prime example of why we need to send a pitcher down and call up a lefty for the bench. There's no reason to have 3 lefties in your bullpen. I feel sorry for Ozzie that he had to use Getz to try and hit a 3 run homer.

Daryle Ward?

That solves the lefty off the bench and back up 1B....