Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A quick thought after tonights game.

Gibson is quickly developing into another Noah (rebounding machine with decent scoring) in 1/3 the time, but with less energy.

The Bulls could have a 3-Headed Monster Front Court monster if they sign Bosh this offseason.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 01:13 AM)
A quick thought after tonights game.

Gibson is quickly developing into another Noah (rebounding machine with decent scoring) in 1/3 the time, but with less energy.

The Bulls could have a 3-Headed Monster Front Court monster if they sign Bosh this offseason.

Or...if Wade or Lebron winds up deciding to give the Bulls a visit...they can get scoring out of Rose and whoever they sign and rely on the front court to control the middle of the lane.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 01:00 PM)
I just saw the video of Andrew Bogut breaking his arm.

O. M. F. G. OUCH

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/video-andrew...ow-injury-28145

While that is incredibly painful look and devastating, that just reaffirms that ESPN was talking out it's ass when they claimed he was fouled hard.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
Or...if Wade or Lebron winds up deciding to give the Bulls a visit...they can get scoring out of Rose and whoever they sign and rely on the front court to control the middle of the lane.

If LeBron signs with the Bulls, I have some horrible feeling Deng will be moved to PF. Now, if you get LeBron and get rid of Deng (Note: This might require a little bit of black magic), suddenly you have:

LeBron

A guy who can close out games with LeBron, making it easier on both of them.

A front court that could average 30 pts - 30 rebs if they both progress.

And Hinrich, who would keep defending the tougher guards for Rose.

Cap space for a bench.

Wade you get the same thing, but Hinrich becomes the 6th man, and Deng's contract is still floating around.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
suddenly you have:

LeBron

A guy who can close out games with LeBron, making it easier on both of them.

I don't think the Bulls have enough cap space for two LeBrons unless there is some special provision for player clones or doppelgangers. Perhaps the second LeBron could feature a handlebar mustache.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 04:23 PM)
I don't think the Bulls have enough cap space for two LeBrons unless there is some special provision for player clones or doppelgangers. Perhaps the second LeBron could feature a handlebar mustache.

The only way the Bulls can get their hands on a 2nd Max deal this offseason would be to pair it with moving Deng or signs and trades involving their expiring deals (most of which won't total up to a max deal).

Basically, the Bulls need to win a top 3 lottery pick to have something that would interest another team enough to make them willing to make that move.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 04:23 PM)

The Lebron puppet can be paid in plush money.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
A front court that could average 30 pts - 30 rebs if they both progress.

Um, no. Even Dwight Howard only has a career average of 13 rebounds, and he's won the last four rebounding titles. It's even less likely to have two guys at that level on the same team, especially if you have another strong rebounder like Lebron at SF. It'd also be quite unlikely that they combine for 30 points with Lebron and Rose on the roster unless they play at a pace that would be comparable to the Golden State Warriors on a crystal meth binge.

Edit: I thin Gibson could be a solid 15-10 Guy.

But I think Noah could be the second coming of Rodman.

And be 15-20.

In all fairness though, I could seem them combining for something like 20-25 points and 20-25 points.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)

IT SHALL BE DONE.

70_s_LeBron.jpg

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 11:15 AM)
Bulls now 1 game back with Raptors loss to Golden State.

Bogut's also probably done for the season. Not that I'm happy he got injured, but it helps the Bulls a little bit.

How does Bogut getting injured help the Bulls, when if the Bulls make the playoffs, they'll play the Cavs, and probably be swept in 4 games?

Also I think you're being overly optimistic on Noah's output. 15-20? More like 15-10 going forward.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
How does Bogut getting injured help the Bulls, when if the Bulls make the playoffs, they'll play the Cavs, and probably be swept in 4 games?

Also I think you're being overly optimistic on Noah's output. 15-20? More like 15-10 going forward.

Playoffs is better than nothing. We're not going to get a high pick anyhow, so whatever.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 06:22 PM)
But I think Noah could be the second coming of Rodman.

And be 15-20.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 08:03 PM)

I think you both are being way too kind with his point totals and one is overrating his rebounding effiency and the other is underrating it.

Noah was around 11+ RPG before he got hurt. Factor in the Bulls hopefully getting another scoring player next season (preferably 2 guard) and I don't think Noah will have as many chances at scoring other than the offensive rebounding put-backs he's very good at. I see 10-12 maybe 11-13 going forward from him which is very solid. When healthy, he'll probably be one of the top 5 rebounding bigs in the game.

A couple reasons I think getting to the playoffs would be good.

1) More playoff experience for Rose, Noah, Gibson and Johnson.

2) We wouldn't end up with the 11th pick and fell annoyed by Bucks getting it.

3) Who knows? Maybe they completely surprise everyone, and upset the Cavs. Did anyone expect Golden State to upset the Mavs? No. Is it likely? No. Would if be incredibly awesome? Yes.

Also, yes, I am being overly optimistic about Noah's production, but I did say it'd be much more likely for Noah-Taj to average 20-25 pts and 20-25 rebounds then the previously crazy 30-30 (that was extreme optimism born from last nights game :P)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 12:12 PM)
I think you both are being way too kind with his point totals and one is overrating his rebounding effiency and the other is underrating it.

Noah was around 11+ RPG before he got hurt. Factor in the Bulls hopefully getting another scoring player next season (preferably 2 guard) and I don't think Noah will have as many chances at scoring other than the offensive rebounding put-backs he's very good at. I see 10-12 maybe 11-13 going forward from him which is very solid. When healthy, he'll probably be one of the top 5 rebounding bigs in the game.

A lot will depend on whether they can bring in a guy like Bosh, which will probably hurt Noah's rebounding a little going forward.

As for Gibson, is he a 10-10 guy? Yeah possibly, but you look at a guy like Drew Gooden who has bounced around the league so much, I think those 2 are quite similar. Gibson isn't certainly a guy you build a team around and give out decent money too, as you can find quite a lot of those type of PF's in the NBA / draft etc.

Because the Bulls play the Bucks on Tuesday night.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 01:02 AM)
A lot will depend on whether they can bring in a guy like Bosh, which will probably hurt Noah's rebounding a little going forward.

As for Gibson, is he a 10-10 guy? Yeah possibly, but you look at a guy like Drew Gooden who has bounced around the league so much, I think those 2 are quite similar. Gibson isn't certainly a guy you build a team around and give out decent money too, as you can find quite a lot of those type of PF's in the NBA / draft etc.

Gibson seems to be much much much more efficient and consistent. Will he be capable of putting up a 30 point game? I don't know.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 01:12 AM)
Gibson seems to be much much much more efficient and consistent.

Not to mention a better defender and a much, much better basketball I.Q. than Gooden. If he puts on muscle, I see him as a poor man's Carlos Boozer actually. (he was compared to Vin Baker comming out, which I can definitely see as well from their similar body builds, and if he improves his game)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 02:20 AM)
Not to mention a better defender and a much, much better basketball I.Q. than Gooden. If he puts on muscle, I see him as a poor man's Carlos Boozer actually. (he was compared to Vin Baker comming out, which I can definitely see as well from their similar body builds, and if he improves his game)

And Taj is a much harder worker.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 11:02 PM)

You can't really compare the two. Gooden is a better scorer, but Gibson is a superior defender (to the fact that he's a very good defender) and a better rebounder.