Free Agent Tracker

Heads22

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)
What a shock (not). Sucks to be the Angels. So in two years they will have lost Tex, K-rod, Figgins and Lackey. I'd imagine they're really gonna step up their pursuit of Halladay. As for the Red Sox, the first 3 in their rotation is as good as it gets. But there's no way they resign Bay now. And they've got a giant hole at 3B (assuming the Lowell trade goes through). They're probably a lot more open to dealing Buchholz for a big bat now.

I think they just start Youklis at 3rd and have Martinez or Kotchman play 1B.

So is Cameron the answer to Bay?? or do you think they still go after Holliday or Bay?? If so Id love to get JD Drew or Ellsbury which ever one they decide to deal they are both great fits, either lead off or LH power bat.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 11:48 PM)
I think they just start Youklis at 3rd and have Martinez or Kotchman play 1B.

To have Martinez as their regular 1B means Jason Varitek is their everyday catcher. Not a good idea. And Kotchman would be a massive downgrade if he were to become a regular 1B.

So is Cameron the answer to Bay?? or do you think they still go after Holliday or Bay?? If so Id love to get JD Drew or Ellsbury which ever one they decide to deal they are both great fits, either lead off or LH power bat.

They're not resigning Bay. The Cameron signing all but assures that. And if they didn't want to pay Bay what he wanted, there's no way they're going to pay Holliday. JD drew is owed 28 million over the next two years. And Ellsbury isn't going anywhere.

Atkins and Mike Gonzalez to Baltimore.

Atkins gets one year, money is not clear at this point.

Gonzalez gets 2 years and $12 million with up to $16 million with incentives.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 02:24 AM)
damn relievers are making a lot of money and its not even the elite ones anymore, although Gonzalez has sick stuff.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 02:28 AM)
I admire Baltimore's competitiveness, but that is alot of cash for Mike Gonzalez.

Gonzalez has been anywhere from really good to outstanding every year since 2004. His K/9 during these years is 10.7. He's just really good. Of course, will see how he fares against AL caliber competition. But I don't see this as a bad signing for the O's at all. Most of their core is years away from when you have to start paying them. And they've still got more guys on the way. So 'overpaying' for a Gonzales is not that big a deal for them.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 06:28 PM)
On paper, they might be better than they were in 2009. That's kinda scary.

they added granderson and johnson but now they dont have matsui and maybe not damon...they have too much money <_ but we have a better rotation src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)"> oh, im also surprised they didnt sign anyone for the pen, hughes and joba dont convince me too much as setup men as we saw in the playoffs. well theyll just use rivera for two innings again lol theyre guna miss that guy so much when he retires,awesome.

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 06:46 PM)
$5.5 million is a ton for a guy who can't stay healthy.

yea,although i would have liked him on the team, it is too much for him. i rather have matsui at a mil more. and i rather have the sox get more of a power bat