sox close to another deal?

chisox2334

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 06:04 PM)
OK. Maybe we can give the Rays a buzz and propose a Teahen, Konerko, Jenks package for Longoria. I'm sure if we keep trying and trying and trying they'll bite.

I dont think the Rays would do that. They already have their closer in Soriano.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sox72 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 06:05 PM)
I dont think the Rays would do that. They already have their closer in Soriano.

What if we threw in Linebrink and paid $250K of his salary in both '10 and '11? I'm willing to include Omar Vizquel or even Brent Lillibridge if it means getting a deal done.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 06:07 PM)
What if we threw in Linebrink and paid $250K of his salary in both '10 and '11? I'm willing to include Omar Vizquel or even Brent Lillibridge if it means getting a deal done.

I mean, I guess I'd have to seriously consider it even though it leaves a GAPING hole on our bench (backup infielder).

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 07:07 PM)

You are a true wheeler and dealer, man.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 06:09 PM)
Thank you for missing the point. Unless you, like me, were being sarcastic. In which case that was a good rebuttal. lol.

Yeah, sorry. I don't know the whole posting etiquette. Am I supposed to post in green? Or put one of those cute smiley faces?

QUOTE (striker @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 09:59 PM)
Hanley Ramirez for Alexei, Hudson and Morel.

You could be onto something, esp. as Hanley starts getting very expensive after this year. Now, would a deal for Hanley around Quentin and Alexei be considered by the Marlins? Would the sox?

QUOTE (beck72 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 07:22 PM)
You could be onto something, esp. as Hanley starts getting very expensive after this year. Now, would a deal for Hanley around Quentin and Alexei be considered by the Marlins? Would the sox?

Um, no?

If the Marlins made Hanely Ramirez available we wouldn't have a shot in hell. There are teams out there that would offer greater quantity and quality than we could even dream of.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
Boston still has pleanty of depth in their farm even after the V-Mart trade last year. I wouldn't say they would blow us out of the water though. . We have a great amount of depth in the farm still. .

I'm loving all the laughs here today.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 01:23 PM)
I've got to be honest, I think we are looking at a trade, and I honestly think we are giving up an impact player. I really think KW is shopping Quentin.

This will solve all problems. Quentin, Jenks, Linebrink, Konerko,Hudson, Ramirez, Teahan , Flowers and Clevelan Santeliz to the Rockies for Brad Hawpe, Todd Helton, Troy Tulowitski, Ian Stewart. Huston Street and Taylor Bucholz. Depending on what Q and Jenks get in arbitration its pretty close salary-wise and we get more left handed with Hawpe and Helton and get 2 decent bullpen arms . I love me some blockbuster action. 9 for 6 player trade 3 spects thrown in since we get more starting talent.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Dark horse guy to acquire: Jose Reyes. KW has always liked him. Put him at SS,move Alexi to 2B,Beckham goes back to 3rd and Teahan to RF. The Mets need pitching badly.Offer up Hudson plus.

Oh, no. Can't move Alexei from short. Even Beckham practically begging to the media for it didn't work. Reyes would just have to back him up.