Tuesday's B-game

scenario

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
Wow that first page of this thread is creepy. Striker, I'd swear some of these weirdos would kill you if they saw you; or 1 guy would hit you and the others would play follow whichever leader is more popular. I get your point; Coop gets credit for fixing guys, but avoids the doghouse when guys fail. I just think some guys can't put it all together and never will; not Coop's fault.

Sure seems like enough guys put it together HERE that Coop deserves SOME credit. So I disagree with you, simple as that; without the creepy tirades.

THERE IS NO MEASURING STICK FOR INTERNET RIGHTNESS, but man, so many of you want to build one. On a side note, I just bought an old table saw today for 100 bucks and it rocks, it rocks. It won't be used to build that pointless measuring stick tho, I can tell ya that.

give me the name of ONE high-profile pitcher who failed besides Javy Vazquez (and that wasn't even a failure, guy was still a decent pitcher)

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 05:26 PM)
give me the name of ONE high-profile pitcher who failed besides Javy Vazquez (and that wasn't even a failure, guy was still a decent pitcher)

Na, I think the guy was talking about guys failing to reach their potential under Coop (Masset, Aardsma etc). I see what he is saying, BUT I disagree with him, respectfully being the difference.

And to the other guy, are you kidding? I saw what seemed like 10 high horses knocking down a regular horse, a horse named striker. Well, maybe 1 or 2 high horses with a couple echos from the followers. How can you miss the common theme from the whole first page of this mistitled thread?

So Danks with a hit today; what else?

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
Na, I think the guy was talking about guys failing to reach their potential under Coop (Masset, Aardsma etc). I see what he is saying, BUT I disagree with him, respectfully being the difference.

And to the other guy, are you kidding? I saw what seemed like 10 high horses knocking down a regular horse, a horse named striker. Well, maybe 1 or 2 high horses with a couple echos from the followers. How can you miss the common theme from the whole first page of this mistitled thread?

So Danks with a hit today; what else?

lol there were a few actual highlights within this thread's fracas. Kroeger with a HR, flowers 2b and viciedo singled him in. hudson, 2ip, 4k, 0er. daniel cabrera, 15 units of suck (the scale only goes up to 12, who knew???)

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
Wow that first page of this thread is creepy. Striker, I'd swear some of these weirdos would kill you if they saw you; or 1 guy would hit you and the others would play follow whichever leader is more popular. I get your point; Coop gets credit for fixing guys, but avoids the doghouse when guys fail. I just think some guys can't put it all together and never will; not Coop's fault.

Sure seems like enough guys put it together HERE that Coop deserves SOME credit. So I disagree with you, simple as that; without the creepy tirades.

THERE IS NO MEASURING STICK FOR INTERNET RIGHTNESS, but man, so many of you want to build one. On a side note, I just bought an old table saw today for 100 bucks and it rocks, it rocks. It won't be used to build that pointless measuring stick tho, I can tell ya that.

LOL. Apparently you missed the entire thread then since I in particular was giving very detailed examples of fixes he has applied to pitchers as well as stats refuting his "regression" comment about Jenks.

Dynamite drop in there though buddy.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 06:11 PM)
lol there were a few actual highlights within this thread's fracas. Kroeger with a HR, flowers 2b and viciedo singled him in. hudson, 2ip, 4k, 0er. daniel cabrera, 15 units of suck (the scale only goes up to 12, who knew???)

opposite field too, what a stud

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 06:12 PM)
LOL. Apparently you missed the entire thread then since I in particular was giving very detailed examples of fixes he has applied to pitchers as well as stats refuting his "regression" comment about Jenks.

Dynamite drop in there though buddy.

Don't go the BUDDY route, cmon. I think the guy's overall point is still valid about Coop not being Mr. Fixit. To your point, I think it's up to the player, not so much Coop. I think Jenks looked shaky last year too, didn't anybody else see that? Definitely a regressing year, which by the way has nothing to do with Cooper (IMO). Thanks for copying and pasting his ERA and WHIP from another site tho; heroic at the very least, perhaps some land could be forever named.

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 11:34 PM)
Ozzie seems to really like him and that scares me.

i think ozzie is quoted as saying he's "disappointed" with cabrera's outting. i don't think there's any reason to believe he likes cabrera over santos, whom he's quoted as loving

Can Cabrera hit? I'm serious. Is he capable of pulling an Ankiel and switching? Or turning to basketball? I'm rooting for him, but he does seem like a pile of suck. I still say somebody like Nolan Ryan could make a fortune tutoring ultra tall pitchers, many of whom can't seem to find the strike zone. Of course Ryan doesn't need the cash.

The only good thing I can pull out of this is.....

It's the first day. He has a month to get his s*** together.

The ratio of failure is always much higher than success with reclamation projects. I was rooting more for his getting his stuff together to use him as cheap trade bate than anything else. Still a month to go but at least it was a low risk contract.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)
I'll be the first to say it.. I hope Hudson quietly out pitches Freddy to make this team. I think he's the better option going forward, plus I love prospects/young players. :D I've said this all winter though, so it's no secret.

You should want the guy that's the best option for them right now. Hudson could very well be the future, but for now, 2010 is what matters when they decide on starter number 5.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
Meh... Cabrera was a long shot to make it anyway. Hopefully he has a good year in AAA for the Knights sake and his sake.

Too early to dismiss him.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
Hudson rockin'. I am loving the pitching staff possibilities for this team in the next two seasons.

Still early for him, too, though he looks promising.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
It'd be nice to actually draft, develop and keep some talent every now and then.

I don't care if a player is home grown or not, if the Sox can get real players in a deal, that's all that matters. Not to exhaust this Gonzalez thing any more, but for a player like him, I'd happily say goodbye to Dan Hudson.

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
Ozzie seems to really like him and that scares me.

Ozzie hates his relief pitchers walking guys, though. Cabrera pulls this another time or two, and he'll be shifted over to minor league camp in a hurry.

QUOTE (Ranger @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 03:09 AM)
Still early for him, too, though he looks promising.

I happened to point out this performance, but my being psyched is for Hudson's future, based on 2009 primarily. Just sayin' that with the starting 5 we have now, plus Hudson, plus a few other arms bound for Charlotte that still may show something... that the rotation possibilities for 2010 and 2011 look pretty damn good.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 01:06 AM)
Can Cabrera hit? I'm serious. Is he capable of pulling an Ankiel and switching? Or turning to basketball? I'm rooting for him, but he does seem like a pile of suck. I still say somebody like Nolan Ryan could make a fortune tutoring ultra tall pitchers, many of whom can't seem to find the strike zone. Of course Ryan doesn't need the cash.

He's actually one of the worst hitting pitchers in the history of the game. He started his career 0-20 at the plate with 18 K and 0 BB before drawing a couple walks with the Nationals last season.

QUOTE (Ranger @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 03:09 AM)
You should want the guy that's the best option for them right now. Hudson could very well be the future, but for now, 2010 is what matters when they decide on starter number 5.

Too early to dismiss him.

Hell for all you or I know, Hudson could be the best guy right now as well. You can't dismiss that. Freddy pitched decent his 9 starts (4.34 era) but who knows how that will translate this season. I am a spect lover, so I do have a bit of a weak side for prospects, and I'm pretty high on Daniel. And c'mon, unless Cabrera had a 1 era (or basically pitched very, very well) and guys like Dolsi, Santos, Hudson, etc.. etc.. had like 8 era, there was no way Cabrera was making this team anyway. This isn't a Nick Masset situation here.