AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

Capn12

the only way we're gonna climb back in it is by beating the twins, so keep them wins comin'! i don't care how stressful the 9th is as long as it's a W worth a full game in the standings. ok, i do care a LITTLE, but you get the point.

EDIT: Also, congratulations to juan pierre on his first XBH of the season! someone give the man the game ball

Edited by ScottyDo

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 11, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
Alex Rios is hitting .330 with a .966 OPS. He's a joy to watch.

He is the antithesis of the typical White Sox player (in recent memory).

Elite defender. Great instincts and technique on the basepaths. Power and plate discipline. To top it off, he is apparently coachable too.

I'm so glad he is patrolling center field. If he keeps up this level of play, he will be well worth his contract.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 11, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
Alex Rios is hitting .330 with a .966 OPS. He's a joy to watch.

Don't forget the 10 stolen bases, either. He's turning singles into run-scoring opportunities, too, in addition to his already-impressive statistical showing.

No, in this othewrise disappointing season to date, Rios has thus far offered a whole lotta hope, and at the least, a foundation from which to build, and build rather quickly.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ May 11, 2010 -> 10:17 PM)
He is the antithesis of the typical White Sox player (in recent memory).

Elite defender. Great instincts and technique on the basepaths. Power and plate discipline. To top it off, he is apparently coachable too.

I'm so glad he is patrolling center field. If he keeps up this level of play, he will be well worth his contract.

And the best part is that I have no idea how he manages to hit like he does with the stance that he has. Every pitch I catch myself thinking "bring the bat up like you're ready to hit!" I don't know how he has such level swing-control with his hands starting so low, but I love it.

I have no idea how Freddy made it through 7 innings of 2 ER ball. His stuff was mediocre at best and the Twins were hitting line drives all over the place (the change up that made Mauer look stupid in the 5th was nasty, though). But I'll take it. Kalapse said it earlier. Alex Rios is indeed a joy to watch and arguably the best all-around player we've had since Magglio. The guy wasn't dubbed a prototypical 5-tool player for no reason. Kudos to KW for having the balls to go out and get this guy.

Edited by Jordan4life

Hoping to relax a little and looking at last night's schedule, it was easy to decide which game would be more relaxing between the Hawks in a clinching game or the Sox v. Minny. I chose the Hawks :lolhitting

I watched most of the game, and I don't think Freddy threw into even the mid-80's that often. However, his control was good and he made some great out pitches. Right now he is performing better than most expected. The question is whether or not he can keep it up.

I've been an Alex Rios apologist since he was acquired last year. I kept thinking, hoping, and praying that he would come around after his disastrous stint with the Sox last season. Now I can see that he truly is an all-star caliber player. Superb defense, sparkling offense, and speed.