White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)
Not even worth thinking about those two teams when we've got the Twins right on our ass. Mauer is heating up and Morneau should be back soon. Aren't they like 13-3 since Bobby's epic choke? Nobody saw that coming (sarcasm).

a good portion of that is against Os, KC and Ms. Not taking anything away from beating those teams because the Sox beefed up on those teams too, and during that stretch the Sox have lost about 2 games in the standings, again, against bottom feeding teams, but the Sox are beating them like good teams do.

I still wouldn't trust Minny's pitching staff a great deal, even with Capps, apparently they agree to because they went hard after Lee and I'm sure other starters, they couldn't get it done either.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)
Buster_ESPN

Heard this: The Nationals are still talking trade with several teams on Dunn, as we get closer to the deadline.#trades

Not surprised, Rizzo might get someone to panic and meet his price or he was not blinking until 2:59.

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
Mark Kotsay sucks, do something. Any other 1st place team would cut Kotsay, even as a bench player. I can't think of any team in baseball that would start him regular.

The Rangers traded for Jorge Cantu...did you notice that?

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
Not surprised, Rizzo might get someone to panic and meet his price or he was not blinking until 2:59.

Rizzo should be the one panicking. Dunn is worthless to him for the next 2 months, unless he feels he can get better value from draft pick than he is getting offered.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
Don't they have to offer him a deal/offer arb. to get that? They're not doing that.

Who says they won't? The arbitration might be $15 million, but if Dunn is coming off such a great year, I'm sure he'll look for a big deal elsewhere.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
Don't they have to offer him a deal/offer arb. to get that? They're not doing that.

Why wouldn't they? If he accepts, they keep the valuable trading chip or possibly even contend two years down the line. If he walks away, they get two picks. Seems like a win win to me if I am Rizzo.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
Um they get two picks out of it. And for a guy who loves to draft, those two picks mean the world to Rizzo.

Don't assume they're getting two picks. He might accept arbitration if his arb value is high enough

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
Yes he is.

not hard to be better than Kotsay, but Cantu is only a 90 OPS+ this year... beside that, Rangers got him because Kinsler is on the DL with a groin, that's an injury that can linger or pop up again when Rangers plate late season games or playoffs in a cold weather stadium

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
Don't assume they're getting two picks. He might accept arbitration if his arb value is high enough

As I said above, there's nothing wrong with that. They'll keep a valuable player who's their only expensive player. They could also trade him further down the line when the Red Sox or Yankees come calling.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)
not hard to be better than Kotsay, but Cantu is only a 90 OPS+ this year... beside that, Rangers got him because Kinsler is on the DL with a groin, that's an injury that can linger or pop up again when Rangers plate late season games or playoffs in a cold weather stadium

The Rangers got Cantu because Davis blows, they got GUZMAN because Kinsler is injured.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
Rizzo should be the one panicking. Dunn is worthless to him for the next 2 months, unless he feels he can get better value from draft pick than he is getting offered.

He should be but unless ownership tells him to move Dunn he isn't going to budge. Funny thing is, Dunn's value declines everyday because that's less time he spends on the buying team.