2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
Monta Ellis should be there as well.

He had a much better case last year when he was putting up 26-4-5 and freaking Jason Kidd and his 9-9 made it over him (though part of that was the game being played in Dallas, reputation, and Ellis getting hurt just before the break, though still should have been picked before he got hurt). And this is comming from someone who hates Ellis' game. (and his consistant chuckling and "trying to get his" but that's another discussion)

Edited by SoxAce

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
Depends if you are talking about present or future. However, either way you just can't take Carmelo over Wade. Wade shoots a much higher percentage, is a better passer, and is a much better defender. I don't see how anyone can honestly say Carmelo is a top ten NBA player anymore.

As for Kobe vs. Wade, you can flip a coin. Both can score with anyone, Kobe is a good on-ball defender, and Wade is a good team defender. They both belong in the top 4 players in the league for now.

I think there's a pretty clear top 5 of LeBron, Durant, Wade, Kobe, and Howard. I think you will see Rose in the top 5, but I think it's a year away, and I think he will take Kobe's place.

I can honestly say that besides LeBron, Durant and Kobe there's not a player in the NBA I'd take over Rose for just this season, he's that good already.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
I can honestly say that besides LeBron, Durant and Kobe there's not a player in the NBA I'd take over Rose for just this season, he's that good already.

what about howard? he has improved his post game so much this season, averages 22 points a games, demands double team every time in the low post, can single handedly get your entire front line in foul trouble, and also single handedly turn a bad defensive team into a good one, the winner of the last two DPOY, well on his way to a third.

I would also take wade over rose this season. funny that not so long ago people were debating that whether or not Wade is the best player in the league after lebron, and I don't think wade's game has declined a bit this season, it's just the effect of playing next to lebron

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 10:54 PM)
what about howard? he has improved his post game so much this season, averages 22 points a games, demands double team every time in the low post, can single handedly get your entire front line in foul trouble, and also single handedly turn a bad defensive team into a good one, the winner of the last two DPOY, well on his way to a third.

I would also take wade over rose this season. funny that not so long ago people were debating that whether or not Wade is the best player in the league after lebron, and I don't think wade's game has declined a bit this season, it's just the effect of playing next to lebron

Yeah Dwight has improved his offensive game no doubt,

But when u shoot f***in 3 from 13 from the line, I got no f***ing sympathy for u.

Hell even I made those shots in little league b-ball down under for f***s sake.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 09:15 PM)
Yeah Dwight has improved his offensive game no doubt,

But when u shoot f***in 3 from 13 from the line, I got no f***ing sympathy for u.

Hell even I made those shots in little league b-ball down under for f***s sake.

It's a bit different doing it in an NBA stadium

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 03:16 AM)
Cleveland. Bad.

So Byron Scott has gone from coachin Jason Kidd in the NBA Finals to the worst team of all time basically.

Got no sympathy for him. He'a d oucehbag basically anyway.

Somwhere Mike Brown is enjoyin himself right now....

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 03:16 AM)
It's a bit different doing it in an NBA stadium

True. True.

But I was 10 back then (and I was a s*** FT shooter back then). Dwight is 25. He's always gonna be like Shaq from the line pretty much.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 11:37 PM)
Damn Golden State had a nice plan for tonight. Throw the aggressive double at Rose, and make someone else beat you. The rest of the team just looked lost.

This is just oogly. Just chalk it up as "one of those nights" and move on.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 12:53 AM)
The Warriors did as good a defensive job on Rose as I've seen all year. Yes, the Warriors.

The played an honest to god college style defense, and it worked. That is the first time this year I remember Coach Thibs just getting flat out-coached.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
9 turnovers for drose, I hope after this game, the management finally had enough and decide to go out and get someone who can handle the ball at SG.

You don't make a trade based on 1 loss on a bad night for one of the best players in the NBA.

You make a trade because it's the right thing to do based on a consistent problem.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
Anthony Parker is probably the player they'll end up with IMO.

Straight swap for Johnson maybe?

No reason not to get that done and I think the salaries work since the Bulls are still slightly under the cap.

I'd throw in my late-first-round pick as well if I had to.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)
You don't make a trade based on 1 loss on a bad night for one of the best players in the NBA.

You make a trade because it's the right thing to do based on a consistent problem.

The NBA is a copycat league, so expect Rose to start seeing those double teams until the Bulls figure out how to beat them.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
The NBA is a copycat league, so expect Rose to start seeing those double teams until the Bulls figure out how to beat them.

With a low post player like Boozer and a 3 point threat like Korver, double-teaming Rose ought to be suicide. Especially considering that double-teaming him on the outside is an invitation for him to blow right past both of the double-teaming defenders given that he's 3x as fast as any of them.

Having another shooter wouldn't hurt that though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
With a low post player like Boozer and a 3 point threat like Korver, double-teaming Rose ought to be suicide. Especially considering that double-teaming him on the outside is an invitation for him to blow right past both of the double-teaming defenders given that he's 3x as fast as any of them.

Having another shooter wouldn't hurt that though.

Boozer doesn't factor in as much with the high double. Korver should, but they didn't do it when he was on the floor either. It was with either Brewer/Bogans/Watson back at the SG.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
Boozer doesn't factor in as much with the high double. Korver should, but they didn't do it when he was on the floor either. It was with either Brewer/Bogans/Watson back at the SG.

They'll learn how to maneuver through that right quick. Boozer is a major help in that if they realize that getting the ball to him out of the double opens up the paint and prevents help from coming.