2010-2011 NBA Thread

The first round was great, but it was painfully obvious the whole thing was rigged to put Blake into the finals (which isn't to say his dunks weren't good, but when his second dunk got a better score than DeRozan's and Ibaka's first dunks, it was obvious).

Edited by Felix

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 19, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
The first round was great, but it was painfully obvious the whole thing was rigged to put Blake into the finals.

Had to get the KIA plug in somehow. He still had the best dunk of the night though(vince carter) so I'm not too upset.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Feb 19, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
He still had the best dunk of the night though(vince carter) so I'm not too upset.

I'd put that dunk at 4th best of the night.

McGee's double dunk was easily #1 for me, in terms of difficulty and creativity.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 19, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
I'd put that dunk at 4th best of the night.

McGee's double dunk was easily #1 for me, in terms of difficulty and creativity.

Either way it doesn't really matter who wins its for entertainment purposes only. Mcgee used his good dunks too early and it came back to bite him.

Edit: And no one had any hope of beating Griffin in a fan vote. So once again it really doesn't matter haha

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 19, 2011 -> 10:41 PM)
Serge Ibaka's first round free throw line dunk was the best of the night. He was actually behind the line. I don't know if anyone has actually done that. The famous free throw line dunks were just inside or on the line.

Agreed on most of that. Definitely better than anything Griffin did.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Feb 19, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
Either way it doesn't really matter who wins its for entertainment purposes only. Mcgee used his good dunks too early and it came back to bite him.

Edit: And no one had any hope of beating Griffin in a fan vote. So once again it really doesn't matter haha

Unfortunately, all of this is true too :(

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 19, 2011 -> 10:41 PM)
Serge Ibaka's first round free throw line dunk was the best of the night. He was actually behind the line. I don't know if anyone has actually done that. The famous free throw line dunks were just inside or on the line.

Ibaka got screwed. I felt that he and DeRozan had the best dunks, but didn't get the scores because they lacked a bit of flair in comparison to what McGee did.

Blake's dunks in the first round weren't that good. His first one could have been better, but he changed it up and simplified it when he actually made the dunk.

I think Griffin was destined to win the thing from the start. He was at home, so the judges weren't gonna give him low scores. And of course, when he got to the fan vote, it wasn't gonna be a contest.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 19, 2011 -> 11:41 PM)

Yeah he started behind where the last 2 took off, but he also has a few inches on them, so he didn't need to be up as high to reach the rim.

I'd actually like to see D. Rose and Westbrook in a dunk contest one day.

Rose's alley oop in the Detroit game would have been a pretty damn good dunk in the contest. I'm pretty sure he'd be able to pull off some sick dunks. He can twist his body in the air so well.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 12:53 PM)
I'd actually like to see D. Rose and Westbrook in a dunk contest one day.

Rose's alley oop in the Detroit game would have been a pretty damn good dunk in the contest. I'm pretty sure he'd be able to pull off some sick dunks. He can twist his body in the air so well.

I'm not sure he'd be all that good. His problem would be that he can't palm the ball.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
I'm not sure he'd be all that good. His problem would be that he can't palm the ball.

Plus, his "Ball behind my head, elbows bent, while the teams other five plays stare" wouldn't work in a dunk contest.

Thank God Jennings wasn't there.

The New York Knicks have made their pitch for Carmelo Anthony.

And that's as far as they're going to go, according to a report in Newsday.

"We're not going any further now," a source told Newsday. "It's out of our hands."

The Nuggets now have to decide if they take the Knicks' current deal, which has them prepared to surrender the likes of Danilo Gallinari and Raymond Felton along with Wilson Chandler in a trade package for Anthony, according to sources, or if they continue to try and make a deal with the New Jersey Nets.

Anthony met with the Nets late Saturday afternoon at a Los Angeles-area restaurant, according to sources briefed on the discussion.

Gotta admit...by being patient, the offers the Nuggets have gotten have gradually improved with time.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 04:32 PM)
There is zero way they do not accept this. This is the best possible scenario, actually, because that team with a lights out Gallinari dropping 3s would be scary.

Aren't those Gallinari games few and far between?

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)

Well that and he wouldn't have that much creativity in the air.

Ibaka's free throw line dunk was one of the best dunks I've seen in a long time. McGee was also impressive. I would of love to see Blake jump over the entire car from the top instead of the hood of it. He probably could of done it.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 06:03 PM)
Well that and he wouldn't have that much creativity in the air.

Ibaka's free throw line dunk was one of the best dunks I've seen in a long time. McGee was also impressive. I would of love to see Blake jump over the entire car from the top instead of the hood of it. He probably could of done it.

true. his inability to palm the ball limits him to mostly tomahawk dunks in most of the games, and he admits he's not a creative dunker

but if he decides to give it a go, i think he could have made it to the finals and possibly win it base on reputation and because he's a little man dunker. I really think McGee should have won it yesterday with all those creative dunks. but blake griffin is second to only justin bieber in terms of popularity in LA.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs