Phils Interested in TCQ?

DirtySox

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor...rumblings101117

In regard to replacing Werth:

All you need to know is that they continue to explore numerous options for replacing Werth. They've done what one source described as "extensive" groundwork on a potential deal for the White Sox's Carlos Quentin. They remain interested in Jeff Francoeur to play against left-handers. And while they have mild interest in Jermaine Dye, that appears to be on just a back-burner, spring-training-invite level.

The Hot Stove is ablaze today.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
Yes please... I don't even care what they get back for him...

What? Quentin might have a lot of faults, but at least he has power. It's not like we have depth in the minors to replace his bat right now. We can't continue to lose our resources and get no major league pieces in return (ie: Swisher and Javy)

QUOTE (Cali @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
Yes please... I don't even care what they get back for him...

You better get something of value back for him. We don't exactly have a ton of power hitters on the roster at the moment. Plus, if we can't sign/trade for any left-handed bats, Quentin at least hit righties pretty well. I have no problem with him being our DH next season if we can at least get one legit impact bat for RF or 1B.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
What? Quentin might have a lot of faults, but at least he has power. It's not like we have depth in the minors to replace his bat right now. We can't continue to lose our resources and get no major league pieces in return (ie: Swisher and Javy)

He's a head case... Last season was too damn frustrating to watch him...

I'm sure KW would get something good in return, because a change of scenery would probably help him....

QUOTE (Cali @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 03:05 PM)
He's a head case... Last season was too damn frustrating to watch him...

I'm sure KW would get something good in return, because a change of scenery would probably help him....

He's so damn mechanical at the plate its frustrating to watch. He changes his hands, his feet, his crouch, he seems to tinker with everything never showing long term success.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
Jason Churchill now going in on this rumor too. Wonders is the Phillies would try and get rid of Ibanez. Maybe Ibanez + Cash for Quentin and someone else.

Oh hell no! Getting way older while giving up someone who actually has some trade value?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
Jason Churchill now going in on this rumor too. Wonders is the Phillies would try and get rid of Ibanez. Maybe Ibanez + Cash for Quentin and someone else.

Ibanez had a sub-par year last season, and he's going to be 39 next summer. No thankee!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)

Interesting idea but we'd have to be getting at least $6m from the Phillies to break even with cash and a low end prospect.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
I don't want Ibanez, but at least he put up a 1.8 WAR, while Quentin sits there with a 0.0 WAR.

He sucks on defense, and he's hitting in an amazing lineup in a great hitter's park. I want absolutely nothing to do with Ibanez.