2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gears 3 is ok, at least the horde mode. Really that's about the only part of the game I'll play. The story sucks so hard in those games, and despite all of the reviews, I feel like the graphics are really starting to get dated on the 360. The options to add various defenses and upgrade them is a good twist though.

QUOTE (onedude @ Sep 20, 2011 -> 10:43 AM)
I don't usually care for 1st person, but Battlefield 3 is going to make me love them.

I don't understand how anyone can prefer a 3rd person shooter game.. 3rd person is terrible for that type of game, its why I hate GOW multiplayer

Just bought a couple PS Move games. Some "TV Superstars" game that was like $13 on Amazon, and also "EA Active 2", a workout game that I could actually use, and a game my mother might actually enjoy playing when I am home over the summer. It was $19. So I am happy w/ my Amazon purchases. Now I just need to get a 2nd Move controller, and probably those "nunchuck" controllers too.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)
I can't get over how good Madden 12 is... it really plays so well and is much more challenging this year.

I have a borderline addiction to Madden Ultimate Team. If I ever find myself spending real money on it I may have to seek professional help.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
Pre-ordered FIFA 12 on Amazon. I'm really damn excited to play it.

I've been playing it non stop with that Ea Sports Season Ticket. Career mode is a lot of fun so far.. the scouting is completely different. You no longer have to spend your budget on upgrading offensive, defensive coaches, stadium upgrades etc. Player progression seems good. I bought Neymar from Santos as an 84 overall and by the end of the season he was a 89 overall due to his fantastic season (32 total goals). The soundtrack is freaking amazing as well, even better than last years which i didn't think was possible.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 11:55 PM)
I've been playing it non stop with that Ea Sports Season Ticket. Career mode is a lot of fun so far.. the scouting is completely different. You no longer have to spend your budget on upgrading offensive, defensive coaches, stadium upgrades etc. Player progression seems good. I bought Neymar from Santos as an 84 overall and by the end of the season he was a 89 overall due to his fantastic season (32 total goals). The soundtrack is freaking amazing as well, even better than last years which i didn't think was possible.

They got rid of those upgrades in 11, but I'm really glad to hear about player progression. It was absolute garbage last year.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 11:55 PM)

ew, soccer isnt a sport

EA Active 2 arrived at the apartment today. I let my roommate give it a shot first. She really liked it and I think we are both going to try the 9 week program. The only problem is, there are not multiple profiles on one game. How is that possible? Did they seriously make this game so only 1 person can work out?

I ended up finding a workaround by creating another user on my PS3, and then logging in with that user, then starting the game up. This seems to work, but how dumb of them not to build in the ability to have multiple users and programs.

Also, is there any way to just play the games, or do you have to do the workouts and hope you get some fun ones like basketball shooting and mountain climbing?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:02 PM)
EA Active 2 arrived at the apartment today. I let my roommate give it a shot first. She really liked it and I think we are both going to try the 9 week program. The only problem is, there are not multiple profiles on one game. How is that possible? Did they seriously make this game so only 1 person can work out?

I ended up finding a workaround by creating another user on my PS3, and then logging in with that user, then starting the game up. This seems to work, but how dumb of them not to build in the ability to have multiple users and programs.

Also, is there any way to just play the games, or do you have to do the workouts and hope you get some fun ones like basketball shooting and mountain climbing?

You hope.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:02 PM)

I find people who try to use video games to get in shape pretty funny.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:30 AM)
Debating picking that up. Wonder if it's worth the upgrade from FIFA 11 though

The guided missile pressure button has been removed, and I guess you have to play real defense now. Also youth squads/scouting is in Manager Mode, so that's huge for me. Can't wait to play it tonight.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
The guided missile pressure button has been removed, and I guess you have to play real defense now. Also youth squads/scouting is in Manager Mode, so that's huge for me. Can't wait to play it tonight.

I hear it has been improved greatly. The reviews are great (at least the IGN one I read). It looks like a more authentic game of soccer, which is good for those who really enjoy it, but bad for those who just want to have fun by scoring a s*** ton of goals.

I think I might give it a try when I have the time. I personally liked PES 11 with player mods better than FIFA 11.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 07:58 AM)
wrestling fan

I must have missed the part where that had anything to do with soccer not being a sport.. unless of course you put it on your lame blog that no one reads.. OH!