Manny Ramirez (un)Retires

Marty34

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
Figures. Dude was a fraud. Too bad, because he was one of the best hitters I have ever seen.

+1

I remember him hitting a ball onto the Mass Turnpike a few years ago. That got me wondering.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
Oh yeah, in his prime I don't think I've ever seen a better hitter. The BoSox were just plain fun to watch in the "Idiot" days. That team could rake like no other.

Because all of them were probably juiced up.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
I wonder if he gets in the hall of fame after he's dead and gone? I bet Palmiero does. I have a feeling all of the steroid users will, they just won't live to see it.

Not a chance in hell after getting busted twice and showing no ability to hit after he got busted.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
I wonder if he gets in the hall of fame after he's dead and gone? I bet Palmiero does. I have a feeling all of the steroid users will, they just won't live to see it.

I don't think that either of them do. And it's a shame, because both probably would've been HOF material without the PEDs.

Of the known PED guys, my guess is that Bonds is the only one who definitely makes it in. His saving grace will be the 3 MVPs, 400 HRs, and 400 SBs he had before he began juicing in the late '90s.

Edited by WCSox