AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 04:12 PM)
Got to watch the game on MLB Extra Innings. Gavin was really sharp. PK and Beckham with the dingers and GB was fielding great.

You managed to mess up Beckham's name twice, even while using initials :lolhitting

EDIT: Fixed it before I could point it out, damn!

Edited by Milkman delivers

That was a SWEET game and I'm glad I went. It was like a preview of the summer--it sure felt like summer, unlike Opening Day.

Damn, Gavin Floyd! Wow.

I can't believe the umps reversed that call, which was good, because that could have started a landslide inning.

This team looked really good today, by all accounts.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
Couldn't see what happened live because there's no replay obviously.

Kong made the feed to Gavin at 1B, tagged the bag. Runner was out. Gavin forgot it was 3rd out, and tried to make the exchange from glove to hand and dropped the ball. But he didn't in any way juggle or bobble the ball when PK fed it to him, it was in his glove solidly when he tagged the bag.

I thought that Floyd wasn't supposed to pitch like this until June??? Nice surprise.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 01:23 PM)
This team has a chance to be really good.

They do. The offense and starting pitching are there. The defense has been atrocious so far, but history has shown that they'll improve significantly there. They only question in the bullpen.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
I thought that Floyd wasn't supposed to pitch like this until June??? Nice surprise.

They do. The offense and starting pitching are there. The defense has been atrocious so far, but history has shown that they'll improve significantly there. They only question in the bullpen.

To be fair, it felt a lot like June out there today...

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)
Great first sox game of the year. Tailgating, ice cold beer, corn off the cob and a white sox winner.

I was in J4L's shoes...one (or 8) too many libations (starts at 11am here).

Hawks, Bulls and Sox all in one morning...my head almost exploded...in a good way!

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
Great first sox game of the year. Tailgating, ice cold beer, corn off the cob and a white sox winner.

I have been to a countless number of games, but I've yet to try this. I must do it very soon.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)

Things have been looking up with the starters, that's for sure. The offense has been just about the best around (although I'd like to see them improve some in situational hitting), but I expect the defense to improve. The only weaknesses should be Konerko's range, Pierre's arm, AJ's throwing, and obviously Quentin. That bullpen needs to reach some of its potential because it can be incredible. You all know that I don't truly expect the bullpen to improve greatly due to my pessimistic nature, but they have the talent.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 01:58 AM)
Floyd's slow start last year was mostly bad luck. Last April had a 20:12 K:BB and gave up 2 homeruns in 5 starts. That's kind of meh, but nothing like his ERA would have suggested. He had one terrible game on April 18.

In May he had a 23:8 K:BB, but gave up 4 homeruns.

Yeah, his FIP was pretty consistent throughout the year. It never went haywire like his ERA did. It stayed around 3.5-4 the entire year, April to September.