Angels @ White Sox, Sunday 1:10 PM, CSN

LittleHurt05

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
See, even though I think Ozzie's a bad game manager, I'm not going to jump on him here because Teahen is terrible at baseball.

No one here likes Teahen, but he was playing good baseball and then just got benched for the mediocre Morel.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
This offense will only go as far as two of Beckham, Rios and Quentin will take them and right now none of three are doing anything.

Beckham now under .250

I never thought Beckham was going to be a superstar, but it is beginning to appear that he isn't going to live up to the hype he was given. Probably wind up being an average to slightly better than average second baseman.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)
Jesus Montero. Randall Delgado or Arodys Vizcaino. If KW can pull this off he'll never be questioned by me again. Not punting the season. But this sucks.

I would love to see Montero come in a Jackson deal at some point.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
I never thought Beckham was going to be a superstar, but it is beginning to appear that he isn't going to live up to the hype he was given. Probably wind up being an average to slightly better than average second baseman.

A bad week and this crap?

Beckham will be a star. Just remember when he is, and it may even be this season, a bad week made you think he would be slightly above average.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 04:12 PM)

Beckham will be a star. Just remember when he is, and it may even be this season, a bad week made you think he would be slightly above average.

What's your timeline DA? I actually tend to agree with his train of thought.

Well it doesn't help that a young SS on the other side of town is tearing the cover off the ball.

Well, I always thought he would be a better than average player but I never bought into all the hype that had him as an "untouchable" or future "superstar."

So my expectations of him are now only slightly lower than my original expectations (from better than average to slightly better than average), and this is after watching him for a couple of years, not a couple of weeks. I hope I'm wrong and he becomes even better than what I originally thought, but again I never saw what all the hype was about.

I liked what we got from Iguchi in 2005, and that was about my projection for the kind of player Beckham would be. Maybe he'll still live up to that, we'll see.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)
What's your timeline DA? I actually tend to agree with his train of thought.

I gave you a timeline. If he went 4-4 today all the naysayers would want to suck him off.

I just wonder how many people on this board actually played baseball, because if you did, even at low levels, you would understand the ups and downs of a baseball season and not get so carried away with a tough game or a tough week.

The disgust getting swept by the Angels is laughable. They had 2 of the hottest pitchers in baseball throwing. The last time the Angels swept the Sox in Chicago was 2005. People were contemplating slitting their wrists then as well, then 2 months later, everyone is the greatest ever.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)
Word was that they weren't going to give up Montero for Soria, so good luck...

It would have to be Danks for Montero, as getting a strong starting pitching this year is way more of a necessity than getting a set-up man was last year.