AJ disliked by his teammates

Real

Dan & Lawrence (Terry was off) were talking about AJ and how his teammates have made it well known that they either hate him (their words, not mine), or strongly dislike him

If this is the case and isn't misinformation, why did we bring this clown back? Even Goff said he heard the pitchers can't stand him

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In retrospect, we could have used a young upgrade at catcher.

Who was available though?

On the other topic, who cares if he's disliked? In a clubhouse full of ballplayers there probably are 5-10 pricks in there anyway.

So AJ is one of them. Big deal.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 2, 2011 -> 11:04 PM)
In retrospect, we could have used a young upgrade at catcher.

Who was available though?

On the other topic, who cares if he's disliked? In a clubhouse full of ballplayers there probably are 5-10 pricks in there anyway.

So AJ is one of them. Big deal.

Not the same thing

Having pricks on a team is different than all of your teammates going behind your back telling media members "No, we can't stand the guy"

This whole organization is full of losers, chokers, and softies, and being that AJ is not one of them, it certainly makes sense that he'd have some enemies right now.

There is zero reason for a team with this much talent to pack in it, night after night, series after series. This is the same s*** they did this time last year, only Kenny and Ozzie could be blamed for it that time. Now, there's no one to blame but the sorry ass players themselves. It's not September yet, boys, and these aren't the Twins. You don't have to tuck tail yet!

Maybe Kenny needs to send off everyone who has a problem with AJ and fire Ozzie's ass too. Change the culture and just start this whole damn thing over. Please, Mark Buehrle, go somewhere else and win. You too AJ, and same with Paulie. John Danks - what a great call on not signing that extension! Money aside, why would anyone with your abilities want to play here? Go make some cash and win some games elsewhere.

This team is 100% capable of not only righting this ship but trouncing those pretenders atop the division, winning the division, making the playoffs, and winning a WS. The talent is definitely there. But this AJ hating s*** is exactly why they'll do nothing but founder once again when the going really gets tough.

This is a rant, but I mean Jesus, it's like half the noteworthy and conversation inducing team related events occur over Twitter posts by a Guillen family member. That's what we get as Sox fans instead of a baseball season, Guillen family Twitter drama. And choking. And now hating on AJ?! Really?! If you're a player and AJ's behavior is pissing you off then how about you take out yout tampon and let your balls drop and take it out on the field of play instead of confiding in some dbag Score host.

Ugh. I'm done now.

What a team of p*****s.

If Paulie were a real captain, he'd call all this s*** out. He won with AJ.

I should have a profound line here but... read line #2. I hate this team right now.

This is just based on an observation i made in spring but I think AJ is a lot closer to the coaching staff then he is a lot of guys on the team. That being said i doubt that the team actually loathes him as a collected unit and i think a lot of this kind of reporting is reactionary and overblown.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:27 AM)
This whole organization is full of losers, chokers, and softies, and being that AJ is not one of them, it certainly makes sense that he'd have some enemies right now.

There is zero reason for a team with this much talent to pack in it, night after night, series after series. This is the same s*** they did this time last year, only Kenny and Ozzie could be blamed for it that time. Now, there's no one to blame but the sorry ass players themselves. It's not September yet, boys, and these aren't the Twins. You don't have to tuck tail yet!

Maybe Kenny needs to send off everyone who has a problem with AJ and fire Ozzie's ass too. Change the culture and just start this whole damn thing over. Please, Mark Buehrle, go somewhere else and win. You too AJ, and same with Paulie. John Danks - what a great call on not signing that extension! Money aside, why would anyone with your abilities want to play here? Go make some cash and win some games elsewhere.

This team is 100% capable of not only righting this ship but trouncing those pretenders atop the division, winning the division, making the playoffs, and winning a WS. The talent is definitely there. But this AJ hating s*** is exactly why they'll do nothing but founder once again when the going really gets tough.

This is a rant, but I mean Jesus, it's like half the noteworthy and conversation inducing team related events occur over Twitter posts by a Guillen family member. That's what we get as Sox fans instead of a baseball season, Guillen family Twitter drama. And choking. And now hating on AJ?! Really?! If you're a player and AJ's behavior is pissing you off then how about you take out yout tampon and let your balls drop and take it out on the field of play instead of confiding in some dbag Score host.

Ugh. I'm done now.

Milkman delivers likes this post.

If you're a player and AJ's behavior is pissing you off then how about you take out yout tampon and let your balls drop and take it out on the field of play instead of confiding in some dbag Score host.

All in.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 2, 2011 -> 11:38 PM)
This is just based on an observation i made in spring but I think AJ is a lot closer to the coaching staff then he is a lot of guys on the team. That being said i doubt that the team actually loathes him as a collected unit and i think a lot of this kind of reporting is reactionary and overblown.

I like this post. I'm still curious about the credibility of the source, because I have no idea who they are.

But something like this can get overblown pretty quickly, especially in the midst of a horrible slump. Sensationalism sells, and negativity/positivity is an easy thing to try and snowball for the sake of mob mentality, and thus ratings.

I don't believe he's hated.

Talk radio people (especially Bernstein) love to dramatize this type of s*** and blow it way out of proportion.

No controversy. No callers.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ May 3, 2011 -> 02:07 AM)
I don't believe he's hated.

Talk radio people (especially Bernstein) love to dramatize this type of s*** and blow it way out of proportion.

No controversy. No callers.

Sensationalism is the name of the game in sports' narratives.

I find it hard to believe that he is hated. I'm sure there are a few guys who don't like him, but I would think he's generally liked or at least tolerated. He's not nearly the same type of player he used to be, and by that I mean a nuisance (asshole) to other teams. I can remember watching his antics throughout 2005, and especially in the playoffs (dropped third strike!) and saying, "He's an asshole, but he's our asshole." If he's that type of player towards other teams, one would think some of that persona leaks into his interactions with his own team. And some of his teammates may not like that.

And in other news, water is wet.

AJ has always been and will always be an a**. Nobody likes him. We've been saying this since he got here. Players tolerate him if things are going well. Remember Garland's quotes about him being tolerated in the clubhouse. This is not news. It's just coming out again because the other story is that the team is playing awful.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:27 AM)

Ugh. I'm done now.

Don't worry AJ has a history of punching trainer's in theirs so he'll take care of it for you.