Sox vs Damned Yankees 8-2 game thread

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
@MDGonzales Mark Gonzales

Sox lineup: Pierre lf, Vizquel 3b, quentin DH, Dunn 1b, Ramirez ss, AJ c, Rios cf, De Aza rf, Beckham 2b, Danks p

My kids do this kind of stuff. I tell them no more candy, and then I see them sneak into the kitchen and get some candy after I told them NO!

Why the hell is Rios in the lineup?

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
My kids do this kind of stuff. I tell them no more candy, and then I see them sneak into the kitchen and get some candy after I told them NO!

Why the hell is Rios in the lineup?

Cause Konerko is hurt, which is the same reason Dunn is in there. Konerko is worth both those guys right now for what they produce. I guess Ozzie might be mad at Lilli for not putting down a bunt on a 96 MPH upstairs fastball from that there CC fellow

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
Cause Konerko is hurt, which is the same reason Dunn is in there. Konerko is worth more than both those guys right now for what they produce. I guess Ozzie might be mad at Lilli for not putting down a bunt on a 96 MPH upstairs fastball from that there CC fellow

i'd rather go with 7 batters....hell, have the pitcher hit in the dh slot

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)

Sox lineup: Pierre lf, Vizquel 3b, quentin DH, Dunn 1b, Ramirez ss, AJ c, Rios cf, De Aza rf, Beckham 2b, Danks p

Hilarious. I'm more interested in watching now just to see how poorly this lineup hits.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 08:56 PM)

Seriously... should be more like

Pierre

Ramirez

AJ

Quentin

Beckham

Dunn

Rios

De Aza

Vizquel

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
I'm amazed that anyone here still thinks Rios has a place in this lineup. I'd throw anyone out there in his place, including one of our pitchers.

Buehrle leads the Sox in ops...

And this will be the 2nd year in the last 3 that he has done so. Think we found our dh.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
I'm amazed that anyone here still thinks Rios has a place in this lineup. I'd throw anyone out there in his place, including one of our pitchers.

At this point, Rios and Dunn have to start playing well for this team to win at all. You might as well keep throwing them out there and hope they actually play like normal. The scrubs aren't going to win the division.