Gamethread: White Sox vs Angels

Kyyle23

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 04:19 AM)
Here's where I will wonder why Sale or Thornton aren't being used when we simply can't afford to lose another game to the Tigers.

Cause it's still early. We play Detroit six more times and play the Central the final 21 games or so.

Obviously sarcasm.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
1.) DeAza can run. He hits the ball very hard. He seems to belong. How old is he? I like him? There is absolutely no reason to play Rios over him next year. None. It will be criminal if Rios plays ahead of this guy.

2.) Exactly. It is a fairy tale that he will bounce back again, but the Dunn lovers will always have the upper hand on us. They'll say, 'You wait. He will break out of this and when he does...'

It's not going to happen. He is horrific and I just wish Sox would let him earn his money as a pinch hitter in blowouts.

Except he can't earn $14 million doing that.

He's costing us the same as Ramirez, Thornton, Viciedo, Sale, Morel, Flowers, DeAza, Humber and Santos next year.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 04:21 AM)
So the game is tied in the bottom of the 8th and Ozzie thinks it's ok to use a pitcher for one out? C'mon, what if this goes 12 innings?

That means we may see Zach again.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 11:17 PM)
Is anyone willing to bet even $100 that Dunn hits 35 homers with 100 RBI's next year?

I wouldn't count on 35 homers because power is down all over the league and I don't see any reason that won't continue next year. There might be 10 guys who hit 35 homers in the league all year, perhaps fewer.

I'm pretty confident he'll be back next year. Call it blind faith, but I trust in Dunn.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
Here's where I will wonder why Sale or Thornton aren't being used when we simply can't afford to lose another game to the Tigers.

I would have tried to get another inning out of MB.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 04:21 AM)
Except he can't earn $14 million doing that.

He's costing us the same as Ramirez, Thornton, Viciedo, Sale, Morel, Flowers, DeAza, Humber and Santos next year.

Yeah.

You have to admit. It will be absolutely heartbreaking if DeAza doesn't start next year over Rios.

I guess if CQ is traded we could still go with Viciedo, DeAza and Rios out there. I'd prefer Viciedo, DeAza and either CQ or a free agent like Cuddyer.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
1.) DeAza can run. He hits the ball very hard. He seems to belong. How old is he? I like him? There is absolutely no reason to play Rios over him next year. None. It will be criminal if Rios plays ahead of this guy.

2.) Exactly. It is a fairy tale that he will bounce back again, but the Dunn lovers will always have the upper hand on us. They'll say, 'You wait. He will break out of this and when he does...'

It's not going to happen. He is horrific and I just wish Sox would let him earn his money as a pinch hitter in blowouts.

De Aza hasn't been coached long enough by Walker to ruin his swing. If we don't have a new hitting coach next season, I'd rather see him in the minors again where we can save his potential.

QUOTE (MAX @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 12:19 AM)
I doubt it. I'd bet $100 on 25 HR, 80 RBI though.

Dude are you CRAZY!???!?!? HE IS DONE! HE FORGOT HOW TO HIT THE BALL HARD! If he ever hits 20 home-runs in a single season for the rest of his career I'd give YOU $100! HE IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/knee-jerk sarcasm

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
So the game is tied in the bottom of the 8th and Ozzie thinks it's ok to use a pitcher for one out? C'mon, what if this goes 12 innings?

Then it was a good move so he doesn't have the temptation of using the least effective guys late.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 04:22 AM)
I wouldn't count on 35 homers because power is down all over the league and I don't see any reason that won't continue next year. There might be 10 guys who hit 35 homers in the league all year, perhaps fewer.

I'm pretty confident he'll be back next year. Call it blind faith, but I trust in Dunn.

Do you at least agree with those of us who say he is the worst everyday player (right now) in White Sox history? He'll be trying to come back from the worst season in the history of a franchise that has had some awful everyday ballplayers, him being the worst.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 10:24 PM)
De Aza hasn't been coached long enough by Walker to ruin his swing. If we don't have a new hitting coach next season, I'd rather see him in the minors again where we can save his potential.

Except he's already 29 or 30, isn't he?

At least 28.

QUOTE (MAX @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 12:24 AM)
I finally thought of a guy who fell off at an early age like Dunn.

Andruw Jones.

Andruw fell off cause he Tought his body and skill was going to stay 24 forever and he got lazy